Psychology Today - interesting articles about Cult Leaders and Predators in clergy or organization positions

by wannabefree 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I stumbled upon some articles in Psychology Today written by Joe Navarro, an ex-FBI counterintelligence agent.

This one talks about predators as priests or clergy as well as in other organizations and why they are attracted to it ...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201404/why-predators-are-attracted-careers-in-the-clergy

This article talks about identifying dangerous cult leaders ... how many characteristics do you see in some of the GB leaders past and present?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201208/dangerous-cult-leaders

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Wouldn't it be great to have somebody like this observe one of AMIII's talks and then report what's going on with his body language?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

wannabefree - "Wouldn't it be great to have somebody like this observe one of AMIII's talks and then report what's going on with his body language?"

Or an experienced intelligence analyst's take on the WTS (and its future) as a whole.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WBF, I read with great interest the second article, Dangerous Traits of Cult Leaders, by Joe Navarro M.A.

Navarro's concluding comment is very telling:

When a cult or organizational leader has a preponderance of these traits then we can anticipate that at some point those who associate with him will likely suffer physically, emotionally, psychologically, or financially. If these traits sound familiar to leaders, groups, sects, or organizations known to you then expect those who associate with them to live in despair and to suffer even if they don’t know it, yet.

I would say that at least 48 of his list of 50 apply to the GB members individually and collectively. (It might be 50 for 50, but I have no knowledge concerning items #9 or 10).

Let's review: It's a cult!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Oubliette, thanks for posting the concluding comments. I thought that was quite telling too.

How many points out of 50 does it take to qualify as cult control? JW certainly can be identified to some degree with most of those characteristics.

I think the problem is, as long as you have freedom of religion, which I guess is a good thing, JW's will for the most part be left alone to do what they wish. JW's aren't going to cause a revolution. They aren't going to take sides in politics. They will for the most part be honest and peaceable tax paying citizens. They will continue to destroy lives with depression and under achieving ... and unlike Rutherford, they try to keep a fairly low profile.

Most people know JW's as those neighbors who's religion is a little odd but are good neighbors. Nobody cares about a cult like this other than a mother who's child gets taken in and won't come home for Christmas anymore.

• JWCart
    JWCart
    Great Read, thank you! We need to really prep our brains with good material because calling JWs a "Cult" get's you nowhere, only through demonstration they are being held captive mentally will you get through to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit