Rainy Days & Monday Mornings

by Outaservice 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Most normal people I know and am around, look forward to the weekend and nice weather. Not me! Even though I have not been a publisher for several years now, I still associated weekends with taking the group out in service and baby sitting a lot of the kids from the hall, who the parents dropped off. What a pleasure Monday mornings were when I could go back to work.

Also, nothing was greater than a stormy blizzard in the winter, or a thunderstorm () in the summer on a Saturday morning. Then I could not participate in regular door to door work. Sat in the coffee shop extra long! (ate doughnuts) (Kids always wanted to go in my car group!)

Am I weird, or do others of you out there still feel the same today even if you have not been a JW for years now. This must be programmed into my brain even though others think you're a little 'nuts'! I like to think I'm not the only one!

Outaservice

• juni
    juni

Nope. I enjoy each day whether it's rainy or snowy. I can appreciate what you're saying about parents dropping off their kids for you to help them get their "time" in f. service. But we always had good times; kept it light hearted. I guess deep down I felt sorry for my kids and the others. Should have got out much sooner so my kids could've enjoyed a normal childhood.

Juni

• mama1119
    mama1119

I think I'm over it now. Everyonce in a while I remember Thursday nights are meeting nights, but I usually don't think about it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

When I was a kid, I liked rainy weekends, because there was less of a chance of having to participate in "theocratic activities" and also less of a chance that I'd have to do the outdoor choors.

As a teen I worked most weekends, so weather didn't matter.

As an adult, I only went in service on and off for 3 years. A rainy Saturday helped alleviate my guilt at not going out.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well count me in a as a weird one also. I get Sunday morning blues not Monday morning blues. I looked forward to school starting in September. And I like it when it is stormy and rainy outside. Thunder and lightening are even better! If it's too hot or sunny, I get depressed and want to hide under the covers like a mole. I think I must be a hopelessly melancholy, insomniac, night owl, rainy day kind of person!

Cog

• BookOfJude
    BookOfJude

I love rainy days, especially when those rainy days are monday mornings. :)

• Purza
    Purza

I barely give any thought to service or meetings any longer. That was an easy habit to break. However, I know I can run into a JW or two if I visit Starbucks anytime after 10:30 on a weekend morning.

Purza

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

Yeah I think the reason my tv watching is erratic is I'm so used to never catching any show that played on tuesday or thursday, plus my mom being strict about what we could watch. We never went out in field service much. So I actually liked it. Well I liked the driving through the senic country roads and getting Dr. Peppers at the gas station part not the walking up to the door to tell them to become a Jehovah's Witness or die in The Big A part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit