Article-Guilty verdict in man’s gay sex with teen. "He's a 14-year-old gay boy in the JW church, which does not believe in his lifestyle"

by AndersonsInfo 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

For your information:

Appeal Democrat - Yuba City, California

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/guilty-verdict-in-man-s-gay-sex-with-teen/article_81fab302-a394-11e4-8efb-f70ca786d50e.html

The boy testified he felt guilty about his sexuality and went to church elders. His family, members of the Jehovah's Witness religion, contacted authorities after they learned of their son's homosexual activity with an adult.

Deputy District Attorney Shiloh Sorbello argued the boy is figuring out his sexuality in a time when his sexuality is not welcome by his church or welcome or known by his family. Walsh took advantage of the boy's sexual exploration, Sorbello said.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    You link is not working. Do you have another one you can use?
  • OrphanCrow
  • Kanon
    Kanon
    Good, Man had sex with a 14 year old boy and was found guilty. That is some justice.
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    So was it wasn't a JW that took advantage of him. I guess that's a good thing, but I really feel bad for him, I can't imagine are hard being gay must be in the org.
  • steve2
    steve2

Facts:

1. The boy is a minor.

2. The man he had sex with is in his mid-20s.

3. The argument that the man thought the boy was 18" does not change the law.

Therefore, the man is guilty as charged.

Imagine if this had involved a 14 year old girl and 25 year old man or a 14 year old boy and a 25 year old woman. No difference: Sex with a minor is a criminal offense, regardless of what the victim says.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    The poor boy is doomed to a shit life if he stays with JW's. Hope he is able to overcome THAT crime as well as having been taken advantage of by an adult.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You know, I believe that some people just connect. Why can a 50 year old woman or man, date and marry someone half their age, and it's cool, yet a 25 year old person can't date someone younger?

Well, it's complicated. The law states, and we all generally agree that there is a certain age where humans are not in control of their emotions, or their mental faculties. We all decided upon 18 as the age of accountability.

I had a teacher ( a woman ) who wanted me to come in after class. ( wink!) I was 17 and I knew that something was going on. I didn't meet her after class ( she was hot, BTW.) and failed the class. Later she was fired for boinking guys on the football team.

Anyway, there is something wrong with an older person who takes advantage of a younger person. Often the older one has more "issues" than the younger one, so they actually "wrong" the other person, even if they don't mean to.

These kinds of cases are extremely complicate, IMO. I feel sorry for this JW kid. That's what he is, a child. I feel like he being taken advantage of, from both parties.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit