I saw Mariah Carey in Concert last night!

by Flash 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Flash
    Flash

She was GREAT! Its a pleasure to see her sing in person. The fact she has no inflated ego really adds to being there. She doesn't put on airs like she's better than her audience or the people she works with.

Trey Lorenz tried to get cozy with Mariah during a song. It was funny to see her gently reject his overtures. He got the message. When I saw her in 2003 at the Oakdale, she had a male singer with her then too (can't remember who) who also tried some on stage snuggling and failed! LOL

At the end of this show they showered the audience around the stage with small purple and reddish pink mylar butterflies, which I kept some of as a souvenir.

It was a great time!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Seeing performers live is such a great experiance.

I saw Michael Buble a few weeks ago......He was awesome and really reached out to the audience

purps

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm jealous... If I had a body like that I would never leave the house!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

As to sir nose; didn't she make some really wacky comments on tv not to long ago? Not as bad as Mr. Cruise perhaps but pretty crazy none the less. Maybe that's what your referring too? Do you recall what she said?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Actually, she made weird comments on her personal website. Apparently the poor girl had a nervous breakdown.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I am so jealous!!! the only people I would want to see more is Janet Jackson and Mary J. Blige

• Flash
    Flash

earthtone

I am so jealous!!! the only people I would want to see more is Janet Jackson and Mary J. Blige

Yeah, it was a great time! A Janet Jackson concert sounds like a great idea. Do you know if she performs at smaller theaters or does she only do large events? I prefer the smaller ones. Better seating, less hassels. I'm not 'up' on all the musical talent, so I don't recognize the name, Mary J. Blige, is she a current singer?

• earthtone
    earthtone

Yeah but she is mainly hip hop and R&B.

Actually Janet is having a listening party for her new CD in chicago in the near future. It's by private invite, so you can only win tickets off the radio. It will be cool to go though. She will probably perform for a little bit

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I saw her live in Frankfurt in 1996. My favorite is "Vanishing" when she sings accompanied by a mere piano. She has a great voice but I do not like what she created after her divorce. But I do like the recent stuff.

Good to hear that you enjoyed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit