JW women murdered by man she took in

by karen96 8 Replies latest jw friends

• karen96
    karen96

This happened just a town over from me:

http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1011493#tt

In yesterday's paper, it says the victim described this man as her "gentleman friend", although I can't find that quote on the online stories. Yesterday's paper did not mention she was a dub.

Karen

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Gosh, thats kind of sad.

My mum offered a homeless girl off the street a bed for the night last week, and I was pretty nervous all night for her. Turns out the girl never turned up in the end.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

That's justice for you. A JW woman who actually tries to do something substantial for someone she thought was in need.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I just hope that the memory of this poor woman isn't besmirched by other JWs who say things like: "there you go; that's what happens when you get involved with worldly people." It sounds like she was just being a good Samaritan.

• Mary
    Mary

That is horrifying.........that poor woman.

• simplesally
    simplesally

You know there will be a talk blaming her for bad association and that's the ultimate reason for her death.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

That's really awful! The poor woman tries to help the guy and he "thanks" her by murdering her. No conscience, the brute.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Oh goodness, I got a little teary eyed reading that. She just tryin to help someone out. How sad.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Seems like the guy was messed up from the pain and drugs. . .not excusing it, but as it doesn't seem like a behavior that he was leading up to other than his statement at the crisis center. I have heard a few people say and do things totally out of character when in absolutely unbearable pain. What a shame for that woman to have been repaid for her kindness with such an ugly end. I hope that no one adds to the pain of her family with the comments that we know can be typical of some particularly clueless/tactless JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit