Labels

by Jeffro 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It has occurred to me that Jehovah's Witness are particularly hypocritical when it comes to 'labelling'.

They are very quick to say that Jehovah's Witnesses are not a sect/cult/ascetics/pacifists/creationists/fundamentalists, but they have a whole host of labels for peopel who don't agree with them: marked/reproved/inactive/disfellowshipped/disassociated/apostate.

Anyone else think it is hypocritical?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Don't forget how they 'label' people either a 'sheep' or 'goat'!

• vitty
    vitty

Legolas

Sorry thats old light, you are judged a sheep or goat in the tribulation........................now arent you impressed with me knowing that ?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, they are very much into labeling.

They claim they are different from the other religions but they really are not. They may not wear the vestments the priests wear and they may not have the statues but they do have their stupid hierarchy of labels.

LHG

• KW13
    KW13

The labels aren't something some clever dubs came up with, they come from the bethel to keep the R&F away from for example, Apostates.

It saves the Society going to great lengths each time to tell dubs why they need to avoid such and such because of such and such, it even encourages witnesses to take it on and really get involved in labelling folks.

• Rooster
    Rooster

48 "But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

The WTBTS eats & drinks with the confirmed drunkards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit