Suppressing Doubts

by The wanderer 1 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Having been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for the better part of fourteen years and then having left the organization after having discovered the Watchtower Society's involve- ment with the United Nations has left me second guessing myself.

Often times, I ask myself why?-Why? did I not listen to my "gut feelings" when I held certain doubts about the organization? How did I allow myself to be duped for such a long period of time?

Many times, I would hear some negative news about the Watchtower Society and then I would just suppress it or tune it out of my mind. Anything negative would be automatically dispatched.

I am a newbie to this board and I would love to hear from some of you whether or not this is quite common or just something I personally experienced.

Lots of Love.

The Wanderer

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome to the board..

my experience growing up jw is that i was kept too busy to spend time thinking about any doubts.

after all, 5 meetings, service, personal study, bible reading , daily text , children, a home, a husband, a job, elderly parents.... who has time to THINK?

it wasnt till the generation change in the mid 90s that i really took the time to look into things that bugged me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit