Serves me right

by dobbie 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• dobbie
    dobbie

Last week i had to go to my allotment in the evening to pick some stuff for my dad.I went past the house i used to attend for thursday night book study, it was thursday night and when i saw all the cars parked outside for it, i just had a huge grin on my face cos i felt so free and happy not to be there, it was the meeting i dreaded most, i used to hate it!no one used to talk to us - even my mother in law would'nt say hello not even to her grandchildren!(the only times she spoke were on two occasions which really surprised me until i realised it was because she wanted her youngest son to sleep at ours both times, so they could go away), anyway i got to the allotment which was awful cos my little ones did not want to be there, my eldest shut the door on my 18mth old so i went and left a big bucket of produce lying in the middle of the car park. On the way back theres a lane with a part where only one car can get through so after checking no one was conimg the other way i stated to drive up it, nearly at the bit where its wider and a boy racer appears out of nowhere making me stop.Bearing in mind he only had to reverse back one car length i waited for him to go back.The git and his girlfriend just stayed there laughing at me, i had the little ones and didn't want trouble so i started to reverse(which i just can't do!) they drove me back laughing and mouthing at me until i felt so intimidated i ended up in the hedge!I was stuck cos they were on top of my car and i could'nt pull forward so i ended up reversing all the way back with the result that my little car is absolutely plastered with scratches.I was really shaken up why do these morons act like this especially with kids in the car?Anyway next day my dad had this brilliant stuff he polished in so it looks much better, but i did have to laugh cos i know what the jws would have said about it - serves you right, if you had been at the meeting it would'nt have happened!In all honesty though if i had to relive that experience would i rather had gone to the meeting?NO!(There are some very honest people about though cos when my stepdad went back to the allotment the bucket of spuds etc was still there, and they were delicious!)

• Arthur
    Arthur
    it was the meeting i dreaded most, i used to hate it!no one used to talk to us - even my mother in law would'nt say hello not even to her grandchildren!

Anyway next day my dad had this brilliant stuff he polished in so it looks much better,

Maybe if you put some of that polish on your mother-in-law, she would be less abrasive.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The brats probably went down the street and egged the JW meeting house!

Sorry you had such a rotten experience. You are awesome to be cool though with the kidlets-they don't need to see their best adult acting like a crazy fool.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Arthur - lol!never thought of that, shes like that all the way through though so i don't think it will work in her case!I am having fun picturing me doing it to her though

Jwdaughter - yes i always try to keep my cool when driving - i get so many people trying to cut me up, pulling out on me at the last moment on roundabouts etc, i think i must have a sign on my car saying come and get me!Theres so much road rage nowadays i always avoid confrontation in case they decide to retaliate, having kiddies in the car would'nt stop them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit