By their own logic, JW's should leave Watchtower.......

by snare&racket 8 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"University and college campuses are notorious for bad behavior—drug and alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, hazing, and the list goes on.” Watchtower2005 Oct 1 p.28

Having been to university and a JW..it made me think about their logic......

"Jehovah's Witness congregations are notorious for bad behavior—alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, domestic abuse, child abuse and the list goes on.” Watchtower2005 Oct 1 p.28

i sincerely saw more alcoholism, domestic abuse, affairs and cheating and financial cheating amongst JW workers and JW bosses in congregations than in any higher education or even 'worldly' environment. Then we have to add the child abuse the deceitful literature, the scandals, the failed predictions and embarrassments.

What's left? The fake smiles and cult acquaintances?...... Bye....

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

University and college campuses are notorious for bad behavior—drug and alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, hazing - even if this ridiculous generalisation were true, students can choose not to do these things.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It's ridiculous,....besides how does marijuana, some sexy sexy times and a beer in any way compare to bowing down to the deity responsible for the mass slaughter of millions of humans.......in the fictional book of bible scaries. It is so back to front.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

High School campuses are notorious for bad behavior—drug and alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, hazing, and the list goes on.” Watchtower2005 Oct 1 p.28

Doesn't this argument work just as well for high schools as well? Maybe we need to be avoiding them as well.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS intent to demean higher education has been going on for a long time and its not just about the social behavior that at times does occur there off campus., its more about the information that is being offered to people who attend those institutions.

It would be foolish to not to think that whenever you have a high volume of adolescents who for many are separated from there parental home environments. for the first time, to get a little raunchiness .

There are many other religious groups that demean Universities and Colleges because they do not have the control over the information being presented and offered.

After all higher education never helped humanity ...... right ???

• SAHS
    SAHS

And don’t forget the advice at Jeremiah 51:45: “Get out of her midst, my people!,” and at Revelation 18:4, 5: “I heard another voice out of heaven say: ‘Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, . . .’” When you think if it, basically everything the WT has taught right from the very beginning has later been deemed by themselves to be false. So, if we are supposedly to “get out of her [false religion, as symbolized by Babylon the Great]” because of it being, in fact, “false religion” (as the WTS would say), then, naturally, by the same reasoning, people should also “get out of” the WTS – which itself has continually been proven to be a haven for false teachings, not to mention “a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird [or habitual child rapist, wife-beater, etc.] lurks!” (Revelation 18:2)

The WTS has always been oh so good at pointing the moral finger at everyone else, but now, especially of late in this technologically advanced information age, it is being exposed for what it really is. And thank God for that!

• JWCart
    JWCart

SnareandaRacket, that's what I am talking about in my other thread, it's hard for anyone with minor thinking skills not to catch the duplicity of what they say and how it shows in their lives.

""University and college campuses are notorious for bad behavior—drug and alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, hazing, and the list goes on.” Watchtower2005 Oct 1 p.28

Having been to university and a JW..it made me think about their logic......

"Jehovah's Witness congregations are notorious for bad behavior—alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, domestic abuse, child abuse and the list goes on.” Watchtower2005 Oct 1 p.28

i sincerely saw more alcoholism, domestic abuse, affairs and cheating and financial cheating amongst JW workers and JW bosses in congregations than in any higher education or even 'worldly' environment. Then we have to add the child abuse the deceitful literature, the scandals, the failed predictions and embarrassments.

What's left? The fake smiles and cult acquaintances?...... Bye..."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LittleSocrates - "Doesn't this argument work just as well for high schools as well? Maybe we need to be avoiding them as well."

I'm sure that thought has crossed the GB's collective mind.

Problem is, they'd end up with a worldwide body of illiterate morons.

• hoser
    hoser

Vidiot

Problem is, they'd end up with a worldwide body of illiterate morons.

If they keep printing simplified watchtowers it will happen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit