Who Do You Really Love Best?

by Englishman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

JW's teach that one should love Jehovah more than anyone else in existence, your parents, your partner, your children.

Did you really, really love Jehovah that much when you were a witness? Or was there a part of you that put this question to one side because, deep down, you knew that no-one was going to get the lions share of your love other than your close family?

Also, was there a little niggle that it was unreasonable for Jehovah to ask this much of you? I guess that I have given away my take on this!

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• JW72
    JW72

Hi Englishman, I think the answer is fairly obvious. You can SAY what you want, but deep down you know how you FEEL, it may differ, but you can quite easily convince yourself not to 'dig to deep down' in order to 'satisfy' your faith and those who may 'ask'.

I think this covers how I felt about it and probably a whole load of others!

Chris

• Celtic
    Celtic

I just kind of answered this in a confused kind of way to replies from my last post further down the page.

I always got the impression even whilst I was very younf, in fact for as long as I can remember that God as taught by the WT hated my guts and i always knew deep down that He didn't want me to go through armageddon. I remember telling the elders and my parents donkey's years ago that I felt like Moses on top of the mountain being able to see the promised land but knowing that the entry for me was barred.

Therefore, how on earth was I to build up a relationship with this God when from the beginning I was snookered into a position I could do nothing about anyway? All i ever saw as a witness was this blackness, this insurmountable wall of darkness and God terrified the living daylights out of me.

Now? Who knows? Perhaps there really is more peace and life in death than in living this hell?

Whilst I'm here though i want to deceive the odds and remain a bloody cheerful old blighter and continually look now on the bright side of life.

Thanks for the question.

Chin up

celtic

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Eman,

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but I would ask when love of Jesus ever came into the picture, too?

As our Lord, saviour and King (and some may argue G/god) I was in awe at how much he has been played down (mentally, if not in text) by most.

LT

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ummm ya I guess I would have to say yes! Not that I don't love my family, but it's in a very different way. I've been rasied to love Truth!!! and I thought I did. That's why when I realised I wasn't in the 'truth' I jumped ship so fast. It's also why I was able to be true to myself and beliefs rather then lie, and stay a JW just to be with my family and friends. That hurt a lot, but once I saw the light I couldn't go back. Not even for my baby neice that I love with all my heart! I know I'll see her again soon.

Ven

"WE will make NO distinction between those who commit the act of Pedophilia and those who harbor them!!!"

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Great question eman!

My belief is that God's purpose for creating families was for us to love one another and take care of one another. So I feel that is actually a form of worship, to love other people. Personally, I think showing/practicing unconditional love is the ultimate worship. I feel I am carrying out His purpose by being unconditionally loving to humans. Whether JW's, Muslims, atheists, agnostics, Baptist, or any other religion. Religion is not the point. Love and spirituality are.

My two cents...

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit