49 times around the sun today! Fortune cookie wierdness.

by Wasanelder Once 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Today I became 49. Its good to be alive. Had Chinese food and the fortune had a lesson on how to say a Chinese word. Guess which one? You got it, Birthday! Now thats funny.

"Sheng-dan-jie" Birthday....

Fortune was:

-When there is an open mind, there will always be a frontier.-

Great, now I'm going to be a frontiersman.

W.Once

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Great, now I'm going to be a frontiersman.

You don't mean like in a Brokeback Mountain kind of way do you?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have been 49 for three months. So, welcome to the club. If you are 49 that means that you were 18 in 1975, Were you lucky enough go grow up with the thought that armagedon was going to come before you graduate?.. and that you would only have a driver's license for two years, and etc...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Actually,

I was baptized at 16 and by 18 I was inactive. I didn't buy into the 75 crap. Even that young I knew that "no one knows the day or hour". The mass baptisms smelled fishy to me. (and not just because of overcrowded pools either). I saw the hype and knew it was BS. People were acting like fanatics and idiots.

Me? I wanted to go be 17 and was very busy in H. School. Lost 66 pounds, played varsity football, was in two school plays (the lead in both, voted best actor by class) and attended night classes to make up credits to graduate. Had a great year in 1975/76 graduated High School. It was 11 years later I rejoined the Borg.

Glad to be a year further from servitude.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit