AOL releases search logs - Jehovah searches

by jstalin 7 Replies latest social current

• jstalin
    jstalin

For those of you who aren't aware, AOL accidentally released search data from 500,000 of their users.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?dist=newsfinder&siteid=google&guid=%7BF872D3DA-D635-42F3-ACB2-2C696746A567%7D&keyword =

It's fun to see what people are searching for. I searched for anything containing "jehovah" and some of the interesting results that came up are:

"how to witness to a jehovah witness"

"disfellowshipped jehovah witnesses"

"history of the jehovah witness church"

"c.t.russell founder of the jehovah witness."

"jehovah witnesses cults"

"how not to be a jehovah witiness"

You can do your own search here:

http://simplifiedsec.com/KeywordDigger.html

• xjwms
    xjwms

Good Job

See....!!! There are those who want to get out of there

Thats what I get out of it anyway.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

FYI it was not an "accident", the searches were released for marketing purposes and the user names disguised. There is a great blog on the subject on Fark.com that explains AOL/TW reasoning on the subject. It's already "public" meaning that the US Gov't has the results including REAL user names. Of the top search engines only GOOGLE is refusing the Guvs polite request to fork over the info.

Anyway, the last thing I thought of was to search JW's. Good idea cuz only Dubz are still on AOL!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Good idea cuz only Dubz are still on AOL!

Are there still a lot of dubs on AOL?

I was back in the late 90's, but then I got a DSL line and never touched dial up again.

On the other hand, even when I was on AOL, I really wasn't a dub, just a pretender.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

It's black humor Mr Highlander.

AOL is kind of like the kiddies' pool of the internet. Usually only those who easily manipulated by bright lights and loud noises stay there very long.

Perfect for those long-time Dubs if you know what I mean.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

AOL is like the preschool version of the internet.

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

Lol ofcourse there is JWs on AOL. But I haven't seen much of the Disfellowshipped chatroom after a while. Maybe they moved to another service or something. One time we had this really crazy person who wasn't a JW, but believed in everything the JWs did. He went crazy bashing the XJws, then wouldn't go to the United Nations site to read about the NGO scandal because he thought the PDF file was a virus.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Yes, AOL did, huh? ........hehehehhe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit