The Corporation of the Church

by truth.ceeker 1 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

I was wondering, after reading a few threads on how the WTBTS has set itself up so as to protect its assets from legal liabilities should they get sued, 'Why would a religious organization need to do that?' Well, taking a lesson learned from other religious denominations, it seems that that WTBTS needs to keep a stronghold on it's financial assets and those things that generate it. My question is, 'Do other denominations also set themselves up in such a way so as to keep it's financial assets protected from lawsuits?' I can't recall reading about if they did or not. I assume some might but is that the norm or the exception? I understand that there are some people who live on lawsuits and that is their main source of income. I was wondering about this.

..truth.ceeker..

• james_woods
    james_woods

I can tell you about one that certainly does: Scientology. They seriously challenge even the WTS in greed and paranoia. There are many similarities: Both have multiple hidden corporations; shuffle assets like a riverboat gambler does cards, persecute opposing websites, etc.

Hubbard spent many years floating around offshore in various cruising yachts paid for by his elite "sea org" mainly in an attempt to avoid taxation.

I understand that this has only gotten worse after poser David Miscaevage took it over in a Judge-Rutherford style coup. I have a friend who left them and is faced with a similar detoxification to that of an ex-JW.

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit