Reaction to leaving

by teela(2) 3 Replies latest jw friends

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Apart from my parents, people were just glad to see me go as I was creating trouble with the other young people in the congregation. Did your leaving create a ripple or a tidial wave.

• blondie
    blondie

No matter who we are, eventually the rank and file forget us. There is such a turnover in congregations that even after only 5 years, if you returned few people would still be there when you were.

How many but old timers remember who Ray Franz is?

Actually, I wonder how many remember who Fred Franz is?

Blondie

• Purza
    Purza

You know this is an interesting question. When I left it was a big deal for me, therefore I thought I affected more people. I didn't. I don't know if it is the fear they instill in you that makes you think others are thinking about you leaving. I just know most of the rank & file don't care -- someone is gone, someone new comes in. Its just a cycle. I know I lost some individuals that I thought were friends. When you think about it, they really weren't your friends at all.

Purza

• evita
    evita

I upset some by leaving. A few people called to inform me that I was breaking my mother's heart. One friend cried and pleaded with me to return.
    In the process of fading I did some "bad" things. Oooh, some were upset and threatened to go to the elders. I was scared and belligerent at the same time. An elder called and asked me to meet with them but I refused. Then all the hoopla died down and I successfully faded. I know I thought about them a lot more than they thought about me. Obviously I still do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit