"3 Minutes ' silence in Europe "

by MacHislopp 4 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

just few lines to inform you that today,
    in Europe - 14 september, 2001 - at 12.00 a.m. (W. Time)
    43 countries in all Europe will stop from all activities,
    for 3 minutes of silence, as a silent remembrance to all
    U.S.A. victims and their families.

May " the God of all comfort
    who comfort us in all our tribulations..." be with
    you in these sad days,

Far away, yet near to you all, James Charles MacHislopp.

• outnfree
    outnfree

This is one American who is grateful, Mac.
    Thanks for the support.

Today is a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance here. People have also been asked to fly American flags. I saw a report the night before last that K-Mart alone had sold 88,000 American flags on Wednesday. Also, at 7 PM tonight, across America, people will be stepping outside their doors with lit candles.

outnfree
    (who's REALLY been on a roller coaster ride this week!)

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The British three-minute silence concluded just a few moments ago.
    All in attendance at our gathering were deeply moved, and in fact the silence started earlier and finished later than planned.

It's hard even to pray at a time like this, but I'm sure it's known that there are many prayers for all affected by this (which, to be honest, is pretty much everybody).

Which timezone is that 7pm rememberance?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello outnfree,

as you might have seen on TV, millions

of European are "near " to the American people in the

middle of these tragic events.

Specials greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((((((Brenda))))))),

How are you and Mr. Out??? I've been thinking about you and your family; it has been quite a week as you say.

I woke up this morning to a hurricane/tornado watch in effect for most of west central Florida (my area) and thought geez! what a week. I am also curious about the time zone for the lighting of the candles tonight...is that 7PM Eastern?

Mac, the expressions of condolence and solidarity, of pure humanity coming in from all over the world have warmed me and brought me to tears several times this week. This tragedy has affected so many different nationalities; it was not just Americans who were lost on Tuesday and my heart goes out to all of those who have been personally affected by this.

Warm thanks to you all,
    Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit