Kids say the darndest things...

by Hellrider 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

My son will be 4 years old in november. This is a funny age, he says the coolest things. For example: Both his grandpas have passed away (before he was born), and he has now been asking where they are. I tried to explain him that they passed away,but didn`t know exactly how to say it, because I don`t really want to fill his head with any religious superstition at that young age (on the other hand, it would be to brutal to tell a small child that some day, all people cease to exist, you know...it`s quite a dilemma). So, I told him they were dead. He then asked if they had "died out"... (a couple of days before this, we had been reading this childrens book with pictures of mammoths in it, and I had told him that they had "died out"). Well, his mother told him (about his grandpas) that they had gone to heaven. Later on in the day, we`re walking to the store, and these parachuters glide by above (base-jumpers, jumping out from the mountain-top behind our town), and my son says: "Hmm, maybe it`s grandpa". LoL !!!

Anyone else got funny "kids say the darndest things"-stories?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

A girlfriend of mine......her daughter is adopted.

Before she knew she was adopted she would pull up her shirt and say..........I know I am not adopted .....cuz I have a bellybutton!

I was reading My Book of Bible Stories to my kids........On the part where God made light........My son looked up at me so proud and said.......Thats when god put up all the light poles!!!!

and........asking for Trees at the dinner table........meaning brocolli.

• delilah
    delilah

When my daughter was 3 she peeked under the bathroom door, when my dad was in there, and she came down the hall and asked, "Why do boys take out their belly buttons to pee?"...my mom and I almost died laughing.

• Mulan
    Mulan

my daughter was telling her 5 year old son the story of Adam and Eve and the serpent. He looked at her and said "that's not true is it?" She said, "what do you think?" He said "no, it's just a story."

we were all floored by that................he's 10 now and gets smarter everyday.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

My niece was showing my brother all the different presents she'd bought for last Christmas. Coming accross a bag of marbles, my brother asked who they were for.

She innocently replied 'They're for grandma because she's lost hers'

(grandma uses them for playing solitaire btw!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit