The Descent

by daniel-p 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Well I just went and saw the movie The Descent, finally showing in US movie theatres, albiet with a changed ending. When I got back home I found the original ending online somewhere and actually I prefer the changed US one.

Anyway, this movie is AWESOME! It's the first movie in a long time that actually had me on the edge of my seat, wriggling around during the most tense moments. If you apreciate a good scare, you need to see this movie. Warning though, it is gory, some would say excessively. But for me, the tension came, not from the gore, but the clausterphobia of watching these women descend into the labyrinthian caves, squeezing through holes that would barely let them through.

Last night I actually awoke with a shout, dreaming something which was inspired by the movie. I haven't done that in, let's see here, about 15 years!

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I saw this movie last year, very well done horror flick. I haven't seen it with the US ending.
    Sometimes it is fun to be scared.

• Justin
    Justin

So what's the original ending? I bet one of the creatures hid in the back seat of the SUV.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    So what's the original ending? I bet one of the creatures hid in the back seat of the SUV.

SPOILERS!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wP7zx8ecqY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit