Should Witnesses Go on A Killing Spree?

by ThomasCovenant 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello Interesting quote (I think) from Watchtower 1952 June 1st page 347. The Society appear to tackle head on a flaw in their preaching. However, they put forward the scenario which I agree with but their answer is sadly unconvincing. It appears their main rebuttal is that the watchman would lose his life for not preaching. Yes, but what about the 999 lives saved as opposed to only 1? What greater love could a witness have than to sacrifice his own chance of everlasting life on a paradise earth knowing he has saved many others. It's certainly greater love than shown by Little J who died for 3 days then was resurrected in the twinkling of an eye. Surely to continue to preach is totally selfish. Not to preach results in others being saved but the Witness dying. Would it be better still if upon answering the door the householder was immediately killed by the Witness before there was any possibility of being preached to. Yes, granted they would eventually be arrested for murder at the doors but think of the resurrections ensuing from this new campaign. I can see it now.... sorry getting carried away there. 19 If ignorance during this present judgment period is an excuse and is going to mean a resurrection for ignorant ones in the millennial reign, would it not be advantageous to let all remain ignorant now? If all those not personally preached to now and who are slain by Jehovah at Armageddon are going to return in the resurrection of mankind, why preach now at all? Even those who oppose the view that all Armageddon’s slain are forever dead will admit that those hearing but not accepting the witness now will perish eternally at Armageddon. Just for the sake of reasoning together, adopt their view for a moment. We preach to one thousand persons now, and perhaps one accepts the truth, while all the others reject it and die forever at Armageddon. But if we refrained from preaching to this one thousand, all would die at Armageddon but all would return in a resurrection, not having heard the message. Surely when they returned in that new world far advanced toward perfect paradise, with no corrupting humans around and demonic influence gone, so our opposers would incline to think and say, many more than one of that thousand would conform to new world requirements. Maybe only one would refuse. So why preach now and save one out of a thousand? Why not be silent now and save 999 out of a thousand?

20 That, of course, would be folly. It would mean eternal destruction for the witness who remained silent. It means the stones would cry out the warning, if the watchman class failed to do so. (Ezek. 33:7-9; Luke 19:40) The gospel-preaching is going to be done earth-wide, for Jehovah says so. And whether it is done on the basis of personal or family or community responsibility, the peoples of all nations are going to be separated into “sheep” and “goat” classes, for Jehovah says so. Those whom he slays at Armageddon will remain forever dead, for his prophetic pictures made at the time of the Flood and at the time of

21 Note that John 5:28, 29 limits resurrections to those “in the memorial tombs”. This means that only those whose existence Jehovah retains in his memory will be resurrected, which remembrance is indicated or symbolized by the expression “memorial tombs”. That is why criminals considered unworthy of a resurrection were unceremoniously tossed into the , or Gehenna, where their bodies were consumed, unlamented, unburied, without any tomb to remind of or memorialize their former existence. So those not “in the memorial tombs”, or not thus symbolized as being in God’s memory, will not be remembered at resurrection time. What this means to us today is that those now living in this time of judgment and who fail for one reason or another to take a stand for Jehovah, and are therefore slain by him at the battle of Armageddon, will not be retained in his memory for a resurrection. That this group will include the majority of humans now living on earth is shown by Jeremiah 25:33: “The slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.” These vast numbers slain by Jehovah and likened to dung strewn over the earth could hardly be considered as being “in the memorial tombs” for Christ to remember and call forth during the Millennium. He does not remember dung.

Thomas Covenant

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thomas they have been on killing sprees for years - they have condemned everyone to death aside from their selfrighteous "in good status" buddies; with the blood issue they killed, with Malawi they killed, they killed the spirit of children raped and abused by JWs "in good standing", and oh by the way, the upper echelon has killed the spirits of the remaining souls who have sold their freedom to false prophets. More killing is not necessary, they have done enough damage on this earth. Much too much!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Interesting that they actually covered this Thomas! Thanks for pointing it out and your comments highlighting such erroneous teachings.

I remember when I was 16 and had been dfed - people, especially the parents of my new worldly peer group wanted to know why I was being shunned and I had to tell them that if I told them then they would be slaughtered by God at Armageddon if they did not act on what I told them, so therefore it would be better that I said nothing and then they stood a chance of surviving. I said this in all earnestness - no wonder I got some weird looks and many food parcels! LOL

Oh and I stil believed this into my 20's and refused to talk about my witness beliefs in any depth in case I was passing a death sentence on my listening audience. Unless I really disliked them of course ....

• M.J.
    M.J.

This is interesting. I was rather disturbed when I read title of the subject, but now I know where its coming from.

Even those who oppose the view that all Armageddon’s slain are forever dead will admit that those hearing but not accepting the witness now will perish eternally at Armageddon.

It's interesting how this 1950s article almost seems to be pandering to those who didn't accept that everyone destroyed in the big A will be "forever dead". Isn't that the definite WTS view? Perhaps in the 1950s there were still many holdouts who refused to accept this?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s witness`s are suicidel,they will kill themselves for the WBTS..WBTS are the murder`ers they have killed more Jehovah`s Witness`s than any other organization on earth...OUTLAW

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm gonna ask the next one that comes to my house this! Awesome!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

So if they were really self sacificing they would stay at home and have normal lives thereby saving billions of lives at the cost of a few!

• headmath
    headmath

I never knew the 1952 WT said that WOW!!. This provides concrete proof of the WTS doctrine that ALL people that hear a JW preach but don't become JWs themselves will de destroyed at armaggedon!!

HA HA HA Oh NOAH OPEN THE DOOR PLEEEEEEASE. I WANT TO HUMP A HIPPOPOTAMUS

HAHAHAHaaaaa

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I just noticed that back when that article was written they taught that those killed at Armagedon who had not heard about the JWs would be resurrected!! That was a huge issue back in the 70's for people leaving the JWs. Many felt that would be the case but the WT by then changed its tune (to eliminate this loophole?) and then said those killed at Armagedon would stay dead. This is still what they teach today. This has only created the moral dilema of God forever killing people who have never heard about the JWs and their doctrine. They have escaped one dilemna only to create a new one which alert peoples question. But at least the r&f can't use the new doctrine to justify not selling the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit