Bristol Harbour Festival

by ThomasCovenant 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello

Just came back from the Bristol (UK) Harbour Festival. A really good weekend of tall ships, boats, international music, dance and street theatre entertainment for all the family. Highly recommend it to anyone who can make it. Bristol hot air balloon festival coming in a fortnight.

Crowds there must number in the tens of thousands all having a good time and what I noticed was the distinct lack of attendants parading around with walkie talkies. Yes they were there both male and female doing a grand job of letting people enjoy themselves safely. As the numbers increased in the afternoons some routes around the harbour are turned into one way pedestrian access to enable movement. This results in some inconvenience but people comply knowing its for a reason. They don't need the unique Jehovah's spirit on the crowd to stop any mass murder taking place.

Also whilst stood watching one of acrobatic displays in one area along with about a thousand other bystanders I turned to my also fading JW relative and say

"Of course if Armageddon was to hit now it would be absolute bloody carnage here, still very efficient with all these people conveniently placed in one spot"

It's only when out that I realize that to stay in you cannot, as I now do, keep thinking about all the death and destruction that is supposed to take place on people just going about their lives. But it is just as the days of Noah and the days of the witnesses because they do exactly the same as those did in the days of Noah. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• serendipity
    serendipity
    It's only when out that I realize that to stay in you cannot, as I now do, keep thinking about all the death and destruction that is supposed to take place on people just going about their lives.

Hi Thomas,

I've come to the same conclusion as you.

Thanks for sharing a bit of the UK with us. Sounds like fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit