Do Not Call letter? (gun owners forum wants copy) =)

by asleif_dufansdottir 7 Replies latest jw friends

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

One of my gun owner's forums is having a couple of really great discussions about JWs. I'm doing my best to tell them the unpleasant truths behind the truth. I'm actually one of 3 xjws on the forum! One is apparently still in the 'they're right about a lot of Biblical things' stage and denies that the pedophile thing is a problem that the higher ranks knew about, and the other (Heatmiser, are you here??) is just as unflattering about the org as I am.

Some of the guys are interested in the do-not-call letter. I wanted to post a link, but do-not-call.org seems to be (temporarily?) down. I've searched but I can't find a copy anywhere else.

Also, I don't have the address to give them, to cc it to Bethel.

Any help?

Thanks!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Do Not Call refers to telemarketers on the phone, right?

• carla
    carla

Here is what I have and have sent as well. It is good for one year only. A 'no tresspassing' sign will work too unless you would like to make a statement with the letter. Some jw's seem unable to read the signs posted so this letter will insure no visits. I can't find the local one I had. Most kh's don't have mailboxes anyway. (check spelling please, typed by hand, my jw will be back from dc anytime)

Name & Address

Date-

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483

NOTICE TO CEASE AND DESIST ALL VISITS

Dear Sirs,

Please notify all members of your congregation that consent, implied or otherwise, to visit my property at the address stated above for any purpose relating to the work of Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has been revoked.

I will consider any future visit to be an act of willful trespass and may prosecute to the full extent of the law, civil or criminal.

You must not visit on the pretense of 'updating records'.

Check the electoral roll for up to date ownership information.

Notice has also been served to my local congregation located in the area of ____________________________________________________.

I shall hold you both severally liable for any infraction of this notice to 'cease and desist'.

You have been warned!

Respectfully,

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Do Not Call refers to telemarketers on the phone, right?

No, that's www.donotcall.gov do-not-call.org is about JWs...or at least it used to be. It's under construction or something now.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Shoot!

Forgot to say Thanks Carla!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I think gun owners asking for DNC letters is a positive development; they waste less bullets that way!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Bullets are cheap.

• acadian
    acadian

Unless you post a NO TRESSPASS sign, signed with your signiture, your letter means nothing. Without the sign posted it won't hold up in court.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit