Watchtower July 15 2005 edition

by jakes 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jakes
    jakes

Last nite I picked up an old watchtower mag just to have a browse through it.The Watchtower is entitled: True Teachings,Where can you find them? (July 15,2005).The article on page 4 caught my eye.This is what it says in the first two paragraphs:

"For earth's inhabitants to know what teaching are true and pleasing to God,he must reveal his thoughts to humans.He must also make that revelation available to all.How else could mankind know what God approves of in the way of doctrine,worship,and conduct?Has God supplied such information?If so,in what form?

Can any human with a life span of a few decades personally reach all mankind and serve as a channel of communication?No.But a permanent written record can."

I found the statement made (in Italics) to be interesting coming from the Watchtower,as they claim to be God's channel of communication to mankind.

Jakes

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Can any human with a life span of a few decades personally reach all mankind and serve as a channel of communication?No.But a permanent written record can."

Sounds like they are trying to give substance to their own writings. Too bad they continually re-invent their version of their "truth". The contents of their literature has changed a dozen times, or more, over the past 100 years, and they may be trying to distract from that...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

But the "permanent written record" of teachings published in the Watchtower published more than a human lifespan ago are no longer regarded as "true teachings". So this statement published in the 2005 Watchtower would seem to detract from their claim to be "God's channel of communication".

• Gopher
    Gopher

So is the article saying that the Bible (that 'permanent written record') is the channel, rather than the organization?

We only have a partial quote to go on. I would bet the article goes on to say you need an organization to teach you how to understand that permanent written record, just as the Ethiopian eunuch said he needed someone to teach him and the Christian teacher Philip came to his rescue, etc., etc.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I would bet the article goes on to say you need an organization to teach you how to understand that permanent written record,

yep, I I was thinking the very same thing. I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that at a meeting or read it in a watchtower.

plm

• heathen
    heathen
    So is the article saying that the Bible (that 'permanent written record') is the channel, rather than the organization?

I always thought their claim was to not go beyond what was written in the bible . The bible is the final authority , yet somehow there are alot of things that get in their dogma that can't be proven in the bible . I mean jeeze it's the only religion that claims it does not use dogma but we know they do and they flat out say things that are not in the bible .

• Gopher
    Gopher

Lo and behold, these 2 articles are currently posted on the Watchtower's official website.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2005/7/15/article_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2005/7/15/article_02.htm

Sure enough, at the very end of the second article, the writer humbly portrays Jehovah's Witnesses as the best Bible teachers, the ones that can help you get THE MOST out of your study.

Here's the quote:

The Bible urges us: “As newborn infants, form a longing for the unadulterated milk belonging to the word.” (1 Peter 2:2) An infant depends on nourishment and insists on having that need met. Likewise, we really are dependent on knowledge from God. So “form a longing,” or a strong desire, for his Word. The Bible is a book of true teachings from God. Make it a goal to study it regularly. Jehovah’s Witnesses in your community will be happy to help you to get the most out of your study. You have our warm invitation to contact them. Or you may write to the publishers of this magazine.

They must be the best teachers of "true" teachings!!!

• heathen
    heathen

OHH yah it's a great study if you would only believe everything they say and question nothing . They should tell the truth that it is actually a brainwashing where personal opinion is the devils voice and will be demonized at every turn .I don't get why they even demand people wear a suit and tie at their own personal study , is that not the most pushy attitude ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit