Easy Money Making Scheme

by ThomasCovenant 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hello

In one of my last conversations (end of 2004) with a long time close friend of 25 years (he's still in and believing) I said to him that with the generation change Armageddon could be another 200 or 300 years away. There's no way of knowing. He disagreed so I cornered him into saying when he thought it would be.

"8 years absolute maximum".

This will be 2012 when the London Olympics take place. I want to ring him 1st Jan 2013. Anyway this got me thinking. He's well off financially and has always done well house property wise. Would he be willing to put his money where his mouth was?

Therefore I got to thinking of bringing this scenario up at a group study.

During my latter days of attending meetings I so much wanted to say this.

Picture the scene.

Drinking tea after the group study, chatting amiably about anything but the book just studied.

"Brothers, I was chatting to a guy I met in work today and he's offering a way for us all to make money for nothing.

You see he is absolutely loaded with cash and is always looking for new ways of investing his money. Anyway he knows about our beliefs about this system ending very soon. I mean, who thinks it can go on another 5 years? Anyone? 10 years tops all agreed?"

Surely no one would say longer than 10 years

"Look here's the best bit. This guy is willing to pay cash upfront now of 20% of the value of our homes and won't ask for a penny back. The only stipulation is that after 15 years the title deeds to the ownership of the property go to him.

My house is worth £200,000 so he's paid me £40,000 in cash today. All it means is that in 2021 he gets the house but as we all know that isn't going to happen is it. That money will come in very handy and being a loving brother I've given him all your phone numbers and names and addresses so he can contact you with the same offer. I've already told him that no-one thinks it will go on for another 15 years so he should get no refusals."

You see I so wish I had said something like this to the brother who said 8 years max to the big A. He is as tight as a duck's arse and would never risk his security.

Please try this in conversation with brothers and see how far you get.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Please try this in conversation with brothers and see how far you get.

All of my brothers are apostates...you're on your own on this one.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

paraphrasing what you said:

put your money where your mouth is

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Haha. At first I thought you were going to pitch a bet and I was thinking JWs won't go for that because it's gambling..but what you have here isn't a gamble because they are so sure the end is coming right? No one's going to go for it but it would be great for a laugh.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

A bunch of dudes/elders/clowns actually started a business by buying an bunch of and selling those big, yellow signs with lights that look like an arrow that sit outside a restaurant, that show everyone what the "blue-plate special" is for the day, or what crappy bands are playing that weekend. You know the ones. The cheese-moe ones.

They sold a bunch as they guaranteed them for life! Get this, it was 1974. It was awesome, the signs were junkers and quickly deteriorated and finally broke. Those clowns lost a lot of money. I still laugh at that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit