Top 10 Reasons Why the CA Bar Exam is NOT like the Deliverance at Hand Conv

by La Capra 2 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

Top ten signs the California Bar Exam is NOT the Deliverance is at Hand Convention...

10. There is a seven dollar per day parking charge.

09. Everyone has packed a lunch.

08. It's 105 degrees outside and the shade offers no relief while "they" make everyone wait outside until the afternoon session starts. There's a schedule to keep, dammit, and ALL the CA bar exams, up and the state, must allow the exact same amount of time for each session, down to the second.

07. There are attendants (oops, I mean proctors) directing everyone to take their seats, refrain from talking, holding signs, and watching your every move (don't get caught chewing gum, you might get a Rule 12 Violation. I'm not sure what happens if you get one, but I'm told that you have to meet before a committee (of bar examiners)).

06. The auditorium is the size of two football fields, and you still aren't allowed to save seats (which, by the way are hard, plastic, and designed with the specific purpose of being uncomfortable for everyone).

05. You have to wear your name badge - All three days.

04. As you enter the animal exhibit hall come-exam room, you hear the speaker (er, I mean chieftess proctor, her highness) over the echoing P.A. system (yes, that can be heard in the ladies' room), commanding everyone's absolute obedience, even on their trips to the restroom!

03. The line to the ladies' room is 35 deep, and the line the men's room is, well, there is no line to the men's room.

02. Everywhere you look you see fear, pain, and stress, and it smells like it too.

And the number one reason why the California Bar Exam is NOT like the Deliverance at Hand Convention (drum roll please,...)

01. While everyone there has already sacrificed years of their lives to be there, at that moment, fewer than half of those there, who appear to be "qualified" will actually "pass the test..."

(I kid you not...there's something to be said for developing a tolerance for that sort of nonsense...)

Shoshana (who is a little shell-shocked, realizing she feels as though she has just been released from a four-year prison term...)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Best wishes to you, Shoshana!

NN, of the "It's good to have friends who are attorneys class"

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Best of luck to you, LaCapra! You deserve to pass for working so hard.Let us know how it goes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit