Letter read at meeting

by Iforget 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Iforget
    Iforget

My family told me today that at the service meeting instead of the experiences of pioneer's being read, instead a letter from the society was read. Talking about how natural disasters are happening increasingly and that all should be prepared. Food, batteries and water and above all else PHONE LIST. The fear letter did what was intended.

Last time I checked this has been going on for a long damn time and I keep those exact things on hand and have forever.

Sorry if I am posting this again and someone else covered it....I have been off and on reading this summer.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

If the dubs are gonna say that this is Jehovah's direction then I have to let them know that somehow the RED CROSS beat Jehovah to it! They are been stressing this issue for months now.

You can go onto their webite and punch in where you live and they will give you a disasters prepardenss brochure. I got one, as we get lots of flooding (I am right near the water) and those pesky new england noreasters. Lilly

• blondie
    blondie

That confirms another post about phone numbers and addresses being asked from JWs at the meeting and confirming it has to do with recent disasters and how it seems that the elder bodies (thus the WTS) were caught with their pants down; either no list of the publishers or not a current list. Do you think the elders will keep it current?

Blondie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Food, batteries and water and above all else PHONE LIST. The fear letter did what was intended.

I would tell them that I had given all my information to the Red Cross. They at least can keep your information secure and you can COUNT on their help in emergencies.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

More fear tactics. Oooo disasters are happening more and more oooooOOOooOo. The end must be really close! Shameless bastards.

• done4good
    done4good

Congregations used to always keep phone lists of all publishers in the cong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is done anymore, (I know they stopped doing this in my previous 2 congregations). I wonder if it is because of legal liability issues, (the WT is increasingly concerned about such things). This may explain the stress to publishers on keeping such lists themselves.

j

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Yeah really, if they started worrying about this stuff now, they've really been behind the times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit