Right wing extremism is deadly

by Lee Elder 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Steven Hassan has correctly identified the issues we must understand if we are
    going to make sense out of the attack on America.

When we accept that someone speaks for God, it is only a very short time before
    we surrender ourselves to the will of that person or group.

Mind control techniques are used in any number of legitimate and illegitimate
    organizations in society. The farther right and more radical the group, the greater
    the potential for serious harm. The groups are frequently religiously based.

The Watchtower Society, in my view, cannot be put on a shortlist of dangerous,
    radical, mind control cults. Make no mistake, however. The WTS employs well-defined
    mind control techniques, and has very dangerous elements.

In practical terms, the most serious and dangerous of WTS policies are those that
    misinform and encourage - even coerce - members to reject medically necessary
    healthcare. Specifically, transfusion of blood and some blood products.

After many years of study, research and work on these issues. I can with a high level
    of confidence state my belief that the WTS' irrational policy on blood has led to the
    premature death of thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses. The toll is in all likelihood greater
    than the number of all individuals who lost their lives during the attack on America on
    September 11, 2001.

I implore all Jehovah's Witnesses to reject extremism and insist on reform and moderation
    from Watchtower leaders.

The attacks on America are a painful reminder that religious extremism is deadly.
    I mourn with the rest of world, this incredible tragedy and loss of human life. I
    applaud those brave Jehovah's Witnesses and members of AJWRB who donated blood.

Lee Elder

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Lee,

I haven't heard from you lately. That Foot and Mouth and Mad Cow diseases really torn down your blood theory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit