Hal Lindsay Predicted

by Amazing 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Sometime after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, TV preacher Hal Lindsay started predicting that the Middle East would rise up with nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction and cause trouble for the West. I have no love for these televangelists Biblical fantasies, but some of Lindsay's work was based on credible inteligence information he obtained. Some political leaders supported these fears as well.

Again not all Arabians are involved: I have no doubt that many peoples in the Middle East share their disgust with us at the recent act of war. Many are good people who will stand with us, including their political leaders. So, my rhetoric must be understood in the light that I am concerned over a minority of fanatics - though a powerful and dedicated group. What we don't know are how many support them, even if only in spirit.

Strategy: I am not at all sure what our government and allies should do with respect to any specific action. I am against the use of a nuclear strike. But, it may be necessary to go as far and military occupation of some locations, perhaps Iraqi oil fields to ensure stability and prevent another oil dump into the Persian Gulf and wells set on fire as was done in 1991 by the Iraqi Army.

But I would think that an initial threat to scare various host nations of terror to surrender the people involved in terrorists cells would be one way. Then if they fail to meet a deadline, then go in and take control in soem fashion.

It is all a logistical nightmare, and I do not envy the huge job our leaders and allies have to accomplish this, do it quickly, and in a way that means the least harm to our alliances and to innocent people who do not support what their governments do or the terrorists cells in their lands. - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit