Info needed re: hotels in downtown Toronto

by Lady Lee 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I want to visit my brother in Tornonto. I haven't seen him in 30 years. And although he has been back in Canada for 5 years my health problems and his wife's health problems have stacked the deck against us regarding getting together.

I don't have a date yet when I will be coming. I can't stay with him because he is a smoker and I'm allergic. And his wife is still recovering from a stroke and can't be left alone for very long.

I will be traveling with my electric wheelchair which presents various problems regarding accessibility. I need a place that I can get into. Once I am inside I will be fine. I don't use the chair indoors. So stairs are a problem.

I will be traveling by bus so will go to the bus terminus downtown. My brother lives about 3 blocks from the bus depot.

I don't have a lot of money so the hotels I've seen at $120 per night are out of the question.

I checked the Y in Toronto and it doesn't look like they have a hotel.

Anyone got other ideas? or know about safe and accessible places to stay?

• josephus
    josephus

hi there

i stay at the days inn. its nice and not to pricey. its in young and dundas i think

hope this helps

josephus

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

You could probably stay in a hostel, with a private room, alot cheaper than a hotel...but it wouldn't be as comfortable and i'm not sure about accessability...

check

www.hostelworld.com

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've used youth hostels before. I didn't check their accessability, but at least the price will be right.

http://www.trav.com/cities/hostels/toronto.html

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hostels

I was trying to think of what they are called and my brain just couldn't get to it.

Thanks I'll check out the links

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

for reviews on hotels - a great website is www.tripadvisor.com

• morty
    morty

Lady Lee,

I wish I was still in Toronto cause I would let ya stay at my place for nothing....

but, maybe try checking out some bed and breakfasts...they tend to be a little cheaper if ya look around on the net...maybe try googleing "bed and breakfast Toronto"

lots of luck Lee

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks Morty

I've been checking out the hostels and every picture I have seen so far shows stairs and no accessible ramp.

The University downtown looked like a great chance, accessible - close to where I need to be but every date I have checked so far they are full. And they close in Sept for the students to come back

I'll keep looking though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit