JWs are visiting my House

by Thirdson 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hi all,

Haven't posted anything in ages but I still frequent this place to see what's going on. It's true the JW's have visited and more are to come (or will be present.) Actually, a pair of late-teen girls called when Mrs Thirdson was home. Mrs T was polite and chatted with them for a few minutes. When the JW girl asked if she could call again Mrs T. told them that Mr. T was a JW once and no they shouldn't call again as they'd be wasting their time. Mrs T. knows a great deal about the JW religion.

The other JWs visiting are my parents. (I invited them.) We have not had a great relationship since I left the religion and in particular when I was dating a "worldly" girl (Mrs T). They made lame excuses about why they couldn't attend our wedding (6 years ago). However, we never cut the lines of communication and though I am not close to any of my family I regularly call my parents and e-mail news and pictures. The past few years have healed rifts and if my parents were really good JWs they shouldn't be speaking to me since by my actions I have shown that I am not a JW anymore (I attend and am a member of another church). They do in fact speak to me and have had meals with me when I have visited. Last year our daughter was born. My parents have only seen pictures so their visit to the USA is mainly to see their 12th grandchild. We plan to spend a few days at my in-laws lake home (we call it the cabin but its as big as my house and a whole lot nicer) just to relax and enjoy peace and quiet. While there I'll be fetching my son from college (yes, he starts in August and plans nursing as his major) so he can spend the weekend with us. After that, we'll visit some places of interest in northern Minnesota and return to our home and visit the local attractions near us.

They should have a really nice time and enjoy some things they've never before experienced. Our daughter is really pretty (were biased of course) and is a really happy little girl. My parents may never get over the fact that the Thirdson family is not a JW family but then again hardly any of their kids families stayed JWs. They will see that life with Thirdson is not that bad despite all the terrible things he's done. Despite what the WTS teaches about further education my parents are quite proud that their grandson is attending college and I would guess that one or both of my parents will want to come with me to the campus when I go collect him even though it will be a 6-7 hour road trip.

We have a few busy weeks ahead, we are in the process of a major remodelling job (planned for a long time) and moving my son to a college dorm. But, I am looking forward to my parents visit and to taking some time off work.

3rd

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi mr T

its great that you have some sort of relationship with your parents!

i dont remember you but i've only been here a couple years.

congrats on the new daughter..is that her picture on your avatar?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit