Does anybody here know a Justin Frient from the Southeast USA?

by jfrient 6 Replies latest jw friends

• jfrient
    jfrient

hi! i am new to all the online forums and boards...so i just wanted to see if there are any of my old friends around out there. My name is Justin and i was DF'd from the Newberry North SC cong. in 1991. I was 19 at the time but i was baptized at 11 and i pioneered first aux then reg from then on out. i am from Rocky Mount, NC originally and i lived all over eastern NC, SC, and north GA. i was on the KH build committee, and the attendants committee for my circuit and district that met in Columbia, SC. i was engaged to a girl in McDonough, GA for a couple of yrs, so a lot of ppl knew me around hotlanta. i also hung out a lot in Charleston, Laurens/Clinton, West Columbia and Irmo/St. Andrews SC; Fayette(nam)ville, Tarboro, and Halifax Cty. NC. i now live in Akron, OH, and i have yet to recover from the mortal wound of being DF'd, as i was a true believer. i just now have determined to try and pull myself together one last time and make a go of this life...to see if i can be happy ever, at all. i'm not trying to blubber too much, but i have been trying to check out by overdosing ( i can't believe it didn't work, i swear that i have done a LOT more than killed Belushi, bless his (im?)mortal soul ;>). i have even tried to suicide by cop a couple times and that didn't even work out! Soooo, i have nothing else to think except there is a reason i have gotten away with all this and so very, very much more. Either there is a good reason for me to still be here, or i still haven't bled and suffered enough. i know i have it better than a lot of ppl., i mean, i am thankful to have "sustenance and covering, and with these things we shall be content" LOL, but this is getting to be re-godd*mn-diculous! Anyhow, thanks for your attention in reading this. i dearly hope all of you have coped with the mind and soul rape better than i have, and have moved on to having a happy and productive life. God, Buddha, Allah, whatever bless you each and every one. jbf

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi welcome to the board.

i knew a few people in some of the areas you mentioned , but not you.

some last names that come to mind are Hadid and Raper.

know any of them?

i dont live in that area anymore, it was in the 80s when i lived in mid/east ga.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Soooo, i have nothing else to think except there is a reason i have gotten away with all this and so very, very much more.

Sorry, never met you until today.

Good day and welcome to JWD.

I had the same nagging feeling you have experienced.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I hope you make contact with people you knew, you sound like you're hurting. Feel free to hang out here and vent ;)

Welcome

Dams

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI Justin and welcome!

I hope you can find peace with your past. Living well is the best revenge.

• jfrient
    jfrient

Thank you all, you are all very kind. i wish i knew how to live, but i was not supposed to be in this system this long! the only thing i know how to do to this very day is worry that i will be found "wanting" in the "great day of His vengeance"! how have you gotten over this?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Thank you all, you are all very kind. i wish i knew how to live, but i was not supposed to be in this system this long! the only thing i know how to do to this very day is worry that i will be found "wanting" in the "great day of His vengeance"! how have you gotten over this?

You have a long journey to travel and loads to learn. Like you I was baptised early and dfed early and we are of a similar age too. Also like you despite having left the organisation a long time ago I clung to the belief that Armageddon was about to come so therefore it didnt what I did to harm myself. No one embraced the eat drink and be merry philosophy more than i - or maybe you and Belushi. Howeer I came to this board and discovered everything I had learnt growing up was pretty much a lie, fed to me by well-meaning parents. Its very hard reaching 30 and discovering the ground rules which have dictated your whole life aren't true - however I have met others twice our age who also came to the understanding that the society was very dishonest and are making new lives for themselves. (I'm thinking of Belmont and hubby if they are around on the board still!) Ask lots of questions - this is one thing you could never do as a witness and your mind will be opened. Mostly do a little research yourself - Crisis of Conscience is a good place to start. I hope that this board opens up a new life that is worth living for you as in so many ways it has for me. I have so many new friends now and a wonderful support and I know that I am not living the lie as a JW anymore. Still got a way to go recovery wise but its better than just wondering every day if now is the day Armageddon will come! Welcome and look forward to hearing more from you about yoru experiences. crumpet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit