To the hit-and-run "lurkman class"

by TR 6 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

If you are going to grace the board with your presence, why not try to at least debate? Unless your IQ is too low to sustain a conversation, that is.

Tom

Edited by - TR on 26 October 2000 23:49:19

• waiting
    waiting

Gee Tom,

Is your question to Hal, Seven Often, etc? He does just seem like he rams the wall, and runs away.

Does a lot of stupidity in the name of his God. Wonder why......

waiting

• TR
    TR

Waiting,

I guess it's to all of them or one(I assume they're the same person}.

Stupidity does happen in the name 'o the lord.

BTW, can we check ip #'s on this board?

Tom

• Zep
    Zep

You can check IP's (well, Simon can) but it wouldn't tell you much Tom. All a person has to do is find a secure proxy and post away, that will give a different IP. Its very easy to do. Kind of useful too, if your servers slow.

http://proxies.hotmail.ru/proxies2.htm

Edited by - Zep on 27 October 2000 0:42:55

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I can check IP's but though I would like to make the facility available to everyone, it could be abused if someone genuinely wanted to remain anonymous. This may be important to some people's decision to post.

• Zep
    Zep

They could just use anonymizer Simon, if they are that desperate to remain Anonymous.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, but I think we need to cater for 'newbies' who don't know about such things.
    I prefer to block access from anonymizers as those users tend to be disruptive (sweeping generalisation) but guarantee anonyminity (or however it's spelt) within the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit