Recipe for cold pack

by poppers 6 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Does anyone have a recipe for making a cold pack which won't freeze solid? I've looked in pharmacies for them and don't want to spend the money they charge for them.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I've been known to use a sock filled with rice and tied at the top in a pinch.... The cold doesn't seem to last long enough with those though... So I use plastic ziplock bags filled with crushed ice now... cheap and easy, especially with three girls in the house that seem to get more bumps, bruises and sprains then any ten boys put together....

• parakeet
    parakeet

In a pinch, I use a bag of frozen vegetables. Keeps cold pretty long, and it will mold itself to whatever you want to keep cool. I used to go through frozen veg bags pretty quick when my son was young; he was always getting bumps on the head or knees.

• Scully
    Scully

This is a bit of speculation here, but you could try this: Mix a bit of vodka in with the water. Alcohol doesn't freeze like water does, and if you mix in a packet of gelatin, you should be able to achieve a similar consistency to the ice packs you purchase in the store.

As an added bonus, you could make frozen jello shooters when you're done with it.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Mix a bit of vodka in with the water

I suggest a bit of tonic and lime in the vodka, lots of crushed ice, sit in the shade in a comfortable chair, and whatever hurts, will eaze up after four or five doses.

• prettyinpink
    prettyinpink

seems like a waste of good vodka

• poppers
    poppers

Sounds like a good idea, Scully. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit