What I thought was a crazy comment from the book study last week.

by ?me? 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ?me?
    ?me?

Last week in the book study the paragraph stated that Satan used "false religion" to lead people away from Jehovah. citing the teaching of false "truths" in the bible (trinity, hellfire, etc). I almost had to comment because I do not believe this is so because I think we would all agree that just about all religions outside of JW's are way more vocal about hating the devil, Satan.

Actually you don't hear alot of Satan hating at the meetings, but if you have ever heard or talked to other christians,(especially the southern ones) they HATE satan and love to say it and talk about it. how could Satan use churches that hate him to try to dissuade and trick us little 'ol witnesses if they hate him more than we do?

i guess it is more propoganda... then again some people i talk to think that Satan controls EVERYONE and EVERYTHING that is not JW.

me

• under74
    under74

hey me,

look up the "burned over district" in NY State where the Millerites spawned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burned_Over_District

• jgnat
    jgnat

More is given credit to that hoary old goat....you'd think the devil is as powerful as God!

Ever heard the expression, "The devil made me do it!" Flip Wilson made it famous. Sometimes in comedy you can find more truth than in commentary, I swear.

• Carmel
    Carmel

You went to a book study? Too much time on your hands!

carmel

• EvilTroll
    EvilTroll

That is a good example of Witness doublethink. Satan is both hated and used by Christendom. Sorta like how Jehovah will start the great tribulation by pulling Satan into it by his jaws. All bases are covered and the sheep just nod their heads.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    citing the teaching of false "truths" in the bible

Is that the way it was decribed? "False Truths"? What an oxymoron!

And can the Bible actually contain "False Truths"?

Bryan

• FairMind
    FairMind

Actually what is meant is that people incorrectly use the Bile to support “False Truths”. In other words these people claim the Bible teaches things it doesn’t actually teach. My thoughts on the Book Study conductor’s comment that false religion uses false truths to lure people away from Jehovah would be "is this what the WTS is doing?”

• parakeet
    parakeet

Satan is the original scapegoat. It's much easier to blame someone else than be accountable for one's own actions. From toddlers to God -- "I didn't do it; HE did."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit