It's YOUR own dang fault

by beautifulisfree 3 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

When my family was trying to do the fade (except for my elder dad). My father heard this 'wonderful' poem from the platform in a talk given by the C.O. got a copy and 'accidently' left it lying around

" Of all my years as a witness, the times are not always good, to many mistakes are being made. The brothers are not doing what they should. As, I look back now, there are times I recall, why I didn't even feel like going to the kingdom hall. The brothers showed no love, they didn't seem to care.. The elders were unyielding,demanding and unfair. Meetings were dull and boring. Feild service was a chore. There wasn't much of a pioneer spirit, while going dooor to door. It wouldn't get any better as I hoped it would, I knew the day was coming when I would leave Jehovah's house for good. But, happily it is so different now. Jehovah has been kind. He has allowed me a wonderful congergation to find. The spirit is so stong here, the brothers really care. I couldn't be more happy if I was anywhere. Life in Jehovahs organization is just as I would dream, but don't get me wrong; things are not as they seem. You see I'm part of the same congergation. I go to the same hall. I fellowship with the same brothers and sisters, elderbody and all. Now the changes that were made are not as they would seem, for all the changes made, were changes made in me. Now I love the whole brotherhood, no other one in the world to find. Instead of being critical, I try to be loving, forgiving and kind. I realize now, were all inperfect , it's plain to see. While I was learning to put up with my brothers, they were already putting up with me. We're all part of Jehovah's flock. That's where I want to be. Why if my brother's are good enough for Jehovah they're good enough for me.

Well, this poem didn't help my family or my dad!! It sounds good till you realize plain and simple this isn't ' Jehovahs org'!!!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Another example of putting all the blame on the individual that voices concerns about what they see among the j-dubs.

• Confession
    Confession

For a poem that tells our story now (in case you missed it) go here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/25/116628/2045383/post.ashx#2045383

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"for all the changes made, were changes made in me"

So, now, the brothers are still unloving and unkind! But HE doesn't see it that way!
    And the elders continue to be unyielding, demanding and unfair. This guy just doesn't notice anymore!

"Instead of being critical"
    He realizes with a tear in his eye that he really does LOVE Big Brother...

If this was in a talk given by a Circuit Overseer, isn't that like owning up to a WHOLE lotta trouble in Jehovah's Spiritual Paradise; the sort of stuff that typically seems to be silenced with sort of fake "togetherness." I mean it's not just like an Elder in just YOUR congregation giving this talk right? This poem apparently works on more than one cong.?

smellsgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit