A funny thing happened on the way to Costco

by Deleted 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Deleted
    Deleted

The last elder to come by and see us was perhaps one of the few true christians in the congo (perhaps because he partook). Well, we were off to Costco yesterday and stopped at Wendy's in Clackamas for lunch and lo and behold there he was having lunch with his wife. Almost the first words out of his mouth were "The church group in Estacada has gone". Well, I thought he meant he went aposto, but what he was trying to say was that the two elders (schooled in 1950's JWness) that controlled the place had been ousted from their positions of authority and 3 elders were moved in to get it straightened out.

One of the last things I had said to him, and presumably what he had remembered, was that I had considered that faction to be pharisaic and operated like a church and I wanted nothing to do with it. I think he wanted me to know this in case it was enough of a change for me to come back. It would take more than hell to freeze over before that could happen but it was nice to see that the SOB who gave me my slave name (Deleted) was defrocked. I had volunteered to step down using immoderate drinking as an excuse but was Deleted instead. What goes around comes around!

Glen

• Robdar
    Robdar

It would take more than hell to freeze over before that could happen but it was nice to see that the SOB who gave me my slave name (Deleted) was defrocked.

Huh? Slave name? I'm not sure I'm following you. Never heard of that before.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is obviously a lot more that's wrong with the WTS than just that bunch of arrogant elders so there is no point in going back to a destructive cult because they were ousted. The real problem are the equally arrogant GB members who control the org, its ideology and way of running it.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Robdar, I should have written it as "slave name". It's my own way of saying that I took on a name that wasn't mine due to the organization that changed my life. When it was announced (many years ago now) that "Glen James has been deleted as a ministerial servant" I chose to pick that up as a self-deprecating monicker when I was posting on the support4xjws and H20 boards. Glen

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ah! Thanks for explaining that. Hehehehe, you gave me a start. I thought that my memory was starting to fail. Although I'm getting older, I am still not old enough for Alzheimers. Or, at least, I hope I'm not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit