move topic here: ex-JW dating a current JW

by dustrabbit 5 Replies latest social relationships

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

So, it's a Saturday night, I'm home alone and my love/social life sucks. So, I was IMing a few minutes ago with a friend of mine who doesn't live here in Denver, bitching about my love life... So, he since he realizes I tend to date conservative women, he asks me why I haven't hooked up with a JW woman and then get her away from the Borg. Now, there's a risky proposition and it's obvious my friend has never been in Borg. But got me wondering, have any of you folks on this board done what he suggested?

• serendipity
    serendipity

If a JW would date an ex-Jw, I think he/she is not a staunch JW and there is potential for an exit. If the JW doesn't have much family in, then the odds would be greater - there is less to lose.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***he asks me why I haven't hooked up with a JW woman and then get her away from the Borg.***

This is a case in which the end does not justify the means. It would be dishonest and potentially very damaging to the woman.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit
    This is a case in which the end does not justify the means. It would be dishonest and potentially very damaging to the woman.

I agree. It's the reverse of joining a religion just b/c your sweetie expects you to. I think my freind was looking at it from this viewpoint of someone who has never been religious (from a Western perspective) that I would be doing a good thing of getting someone out of the cult. I tried to tell him that she would be so shunned if her family were JWs...and that is such a tough spot to be in, as just about everyone here on this board can attest to, especially if the romantic relationship sours.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    he asks me why I haven't hooked up with a JW woman and then get her away from the Borg.

No he certainly doesn't understand

That would be asking for a life of misery

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

If I was single and as an EXJW I wouldn't even date and EXJW because both of our families would be Fcuked up, where would you go for Thanksgiving??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit