Great Answer to Witnesses

by SixofNine 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

...when they ask what you offer to replace their faith, or they imply that theirs is the only hope for the massive problems in the world and ask "where (else) are we to go?".

"[T]hat I have no remedy for all the sorrows of the world is no reason for my accepting yours. It simply supports the strong probability that yours is a fake."

I came across this quote in a political discussion, but I thought it fits well with the classic Witness claim of being the only hope for a person in today's world.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I like it!

Fats

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the right idea, the dubs try to entice people by criticising everyone else as being bad which strongly implies that they have to be different, to be good, to blast everyone that is evil.

But in fact they are playing tricks to draw some followers. They have not shown themselves to be substantially different from those that they accuse so much.

• Arthur
    Arthur

SixofNine,

Thanks for posting that quote. That is a great point.

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

LOL LOL I like it,I like it.!! Its fun to see there teeth drop.

I am ready for them , but even the people at work say,

they are nowhere to be seen. LOL LOL Is the flock in hidding.

LOL LOL like red riding hood, LOL ooohhhh what big white teeth you

have!!!!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

er, kick?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm not exactly sure who wrote that line, but I vaguely recall seeing it in one of jgnat's threads that had handy responses to common JC questions. I could be wrong. Seeker also comes to mind.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Actually it came from a discussion on a politcal board not at all connected to exJW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit