Interesting fact about albumin

by TJ Curioso 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

In this site that many of you already know, Dr. Muramoto talk something interesting about blood fractions and the way that Watchtower choose ones and discard others.

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/eletters/322/7277/37

At some point he says:

"Here, I will summarize the purpose of each component therapy.

• Red blood cells = to restore oxygen delivery to the peripheral tissue
    • White blood cells = to treat infection by restoring deficient white cells
    • Platelets = to restore platelet function for uncontrollable hemorrhage
    • Plasma = to restore the blood coagulability by adding coagulating factors

Of course there are many other purposes for component therapy, but those are the main purposes in current practice, which anybody can read in elementary medical textbooks. There is no role of "nourishing" or "feeding" in those "major" components. Ironically, there is one blood component which is occasionally used to correct malnutrition. That is albumin which is permitted to use according to the Watchtower Society. Hypoalbuminemia occurs in people with poor nutrition. Administering albumin is one of the quickest ways to correct this problem. It quickly increases serum albumin level, which is one of the indicators of malnutrition, and alleviate the symptoms of malnutrition. If Furuli and the Watchtower Society truly believes "nourishing" with blood products is prohibited by the Bible, albumin should be refused, not red cells or platelets".

Its a interesting fact about albumin that I really never read in Watchtower's articles on blood. I wonder why?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That is a brilliant observation!

The Watchtower redefines words to suit their purposes. Thus red cells and platelets are 'food" when they are not, and albumin, which >IS< food, is defined as "not food."

The WTB&TS are such spirit-directed™ geniuses! NOT!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hmm, this little tidbit of information may require its own research document. Time to head to the library...

• TD
    TD

Sam said that administering albumin to combat malnutrition was common in post-war Japan, but that there are much better artificial preparations available today.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their way of splitting blood fractions into its numerous fractions and then categorising them into allowed and disallowed ones. That is obviously an artificial way of looking at blood and it shows that their whole concept of blood transfusion is a total mess.

How do they scientifically decide what is allowable and what not? Or is it the legal dimension that determines their thinking? How not to get caught in a court case pursued by the relatives of the victims.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

stealing piecemeal www.towertotruth.net/Arti...usions.htm not grand theft auto if you just take some of the parts

• LDH
    LDH

not sure how to process this as I'm not an academic about the blood doctrine....help?!?!

• TD
    TD

LDH

The human body under extreme conditions (e.g. malnutrition) will catabolize it's own proteins. This includes not only muscle tissue, but proteins in the blood as well. The most plentiful plasma protein is of course, albumin. That's why swollen joints and distended stomachs, which are both symptoms of hypoalbuminea go hand in hand with starvation. (We've all seen pictures, I'm sure.)

Under these conditions, a transfusion of albumin would not only help to replenish what had been lost, it would provide a nutritional benefit as well. It's kind of ironic. The original JW objection to transfusion was that it was the same as eating blood and critics have always pointed out that transfusion is actually a form of tissue transplant. The one transfusion scenario that could possibly provide nutrition is one the JW's allow.

• LDH
    LDH

I like it!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I always like this quote from Dr M.

"In case of the classification of the blood components, there are many different ways to classify. It is true that the classification that blood banks most frequently use is the four components this Watchtower article states. However, medical textbooks use many different classifications. Often times, the blood is separated into "two major components", red blood cells (45%) and plasma (55%), because other smaller components such as platelets are usually taken as a fraction from one of those major fractions. Another classification which is frequently used in textbooks of anatomy and physiology is based on chemical composition. With this classification, the major and primary components of the blood are water (80%), hemoglobin (15%), albumin (2-3%), and globulin (1-2%).

While the Watchtower Society adopted the classification of red cells, white cells, platelet, and plasma, as the "primary components" and specified those to be refused, what would happen if the Society adopted a different classification which is equally valid with "medical facts"? For example what would happen if the classification of hemoglobin, albumin, globulin as the primary components were adopted? This classification would have prohibited the use of hemoglobin-based blood substitutes and albumin as a plasma expander, which are now permitted to be used for Witnesses."

The Watchtower Society redefines the guidelines for use of blood products

Osamu Muramoto, M.D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit