JW's beside me at TGI Friday's last night! Oh no!!!

by WingCommander 4 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yep, my wife and I took our two boys to TGI Friday's last night, and of all the tables to sit at where do you think the hostess sat us next to?? A JW couple. I only knew the young woman, as she attended the same congregation I had attended (past tense for about 6 years now). Anyway, I feeling of total dred fell upon me. You see, it was Thursday, which is bookstudy here in the colonies. So naturally, this couple was taking in physical food before the spiritual. And me? I was in cargo shorts, sandals, and a nice tank-top (sleeveless shirt). So what? So, I just got a new tattoo last weekend, on my UPPER ARM!!!!! It is a black and grey portrait of a tiger's head. It's huge, almost a quarter sleeve. Anyway, it was clearly visible to all. So what? Why should I feel ashamed? We are not under Mosiac Law anymore, which means I can get ink, eat shellfish, etc. Which is what I ordered by the way - fried shrimp platter! lol.

I dunno....it was just the idea. And of course, this stuck-up bitch didn't say anything to me at all, even though she clearly knew whom I was. I acted like I didn't see them; too busy with my 2-year old son. While I was busy with my own family, my wife noticed this girl had complainted about everything she was brought. I thought, "How typical, JW's aren't satisfied with anything." I was relieved when they got up 20 minutes later and left, the girl with her nose held high up in the air. My wife asked what my face was for. I asked, "was it my face of disgust," to which she replied it was. I informed her I had once known the girl, and I couldn't believe the incredibly smug, arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude she presented to everyone as she strutted out of the restaruant with her dufos boyfriend/husband. I stopped and thought to myself if I had once been like that, and then I realized that no wonder people think JW's are assholes and pricks - just look at how they act.

As a side note, this girl's grandmother (a self appointed Christ-like judge) had informed my mother nearly 10 years ago that she thought my mother was "Spiritually Dead," and a multitude of other things in a slanderous, hurtful tirade that looking back now; started my mother on her "fade" nearly 2 full years before my own. Oh, the irony.

It just never fails to amaze me how much I've grown and realized what for a cult I've stepped away from.

By the way, TGI Friday's has a great shrimp platter, and their "Cinnabon" Cheesecake is the best I've ever had! Yum Yum!

Regards,
    Wing Commander

• damselfly
    damselfly

Don't you just hate that?

My boyfriend usually spots the dubs first because they 're the ones staring at you while pretending to be busy looking out the window.

Good times.

Dams

• undercover
    undercover

TGI Friday's?

Would that be "Thank Goodness It's Fridays?"

• karen96
    karen96

I know why it bothers some of us to run into them: I hate being gossip fodder for those who used to be my friends!

Can't you just hear them: Wing Commander was at this restaurant, and he had this tattoo as big as day on his arm! He must be doing drugs/with a gang/living in sin (take your pick).

They are so judgemental, so pious, so annoying!!

karen

• Arthur
    Arthur

It would have been funny if you would have secretly gone over to one of the waitresses and asked her and the staff to sing "Happy Birthday" to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit