1914 explanation

by sspo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

When was the last time that the Society gave an explanation about 1914? For years now It's always that God's kingdom was established in the heavens in 1914 and 1918 Jesus directed his attention toward Rutherford

No more trying to give historical facts or dates why they came up with 1914.

Is this what you have noticed?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    No more trying to give historical facts or dates why they came up with 1914.

Is this what you have noticed?

Your singing my song

1914 BREATHTAKING BLASPHEME

• Warlock
    Warlock

The problem now, is that 1914 goes right along with "the generation". Eventually it will be "1914 was the year WW1 started" and that's all.

Warlock

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Actually, this weeks study of the Bible Teach book discusses 1914. We are asked to refer to a section in the Appendix and the calculations therein.

Justitia

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Having just glanced through the new book Jehovah's Day, I noticed a page with the ever popular 2520 years graph that has 607BCE on the left and 1914CE on the right.
    Dave

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I was wrong. It is not in the new book. The new book has a chart of the kings of Judah and Israel with the 'minor' prophets based on the Society's 607BCE chronology. The 2520 years chart with the standard explanation is in the July 15, 2006 Watchtower on pages 6-7. It just so happened that this week I looked through both the magazine and book for the first time and somehow got them mixed up. Sorry.
    Dave

• LDH
    LDH
    Having just glanced through the new book Jehovah's Day, I noticed a page with the ever popular 2520 years graph that has 607BCE on the left and 1914CE on the right.

Holy moly, I was going to say I was in shock....I'm glad you clarified, thanks for the info.

• VM44
    VM44

For at least the last 17 years The Watchtower has just mentioned the year 607 BCE in its publications WITHOUT attempting to justify the year being the accurate year as opposed to the year 587BCE.

The reason is obvious, all their arguments for the 607 year have been completely demolished over 30 years ago through the research of Carl O. Jonsson. Jonsson published the results of his research in the book "The Gentile Times Reconsidered", a book which is easily ordered at Amazon.

The LAST time that The Watchtower attempted to give proof for 607BCE was in an article contained in the 1988 Insight books!!!

The Watchtower knows that their "reasoning" on this subject is bankrupt. So they just use 607 now in their publications and hope no one will start investigating.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit