DOES BETHEL HAVE WEB FILTERS?

by badboy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ONLY ASKING

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

When I was there they had web filters on work computers and the computers available in the libraries. They did not have any kind of monitoring of internet surfing from private lines.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

In connection with the Cano case JR Brown said that they have webfilters but not if you have a private dial-up.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Quite interesting. Does each Bethelite supply his own internet? I figured he would have been able to tap into a free (but monitered) network for personal use.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Does each Bethelite supply his own internet?

If a bethelite wants his own Internet connection in his own room then he must buy his own service... what he does with it is his own business and is out of the control of the Watchtower Society.

The rest of the network controlled by the Watchtower Society is locked down with very strict security in place.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Quite interesting. Does each Bethelite supply his own internet?

As Elsewhere said, yes. Most of course don't have a lot of money so they get free email with Juno without the evil internet. I "borrowed" some dialup numbers from my friends accounts back home and connected to the internet that way. But I knew a few guys who had sattalite hookups - of course they had south-facing windows to hang their dishes out of. Lucky bums.

• LDH
    LDH

Perhaps you all should have read the now-infamous LDH interviews JR Brown thread. This answer and many more were provided for your viewing and listening pleasure.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Perhaps you all should have read the now-infamous LDH interviews JR Brown thread. This answer and many more were provided for your viewing and listening pleasure.

Thanks for the advertisement, Lisa. But there is a difference in actual first-hand experience of living at Bethel, and what JR Brown says to a "reporter." ;)

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit