Blood Question?

by beautifulisfree 5 Replies latest watchtower medical

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Do the witnesses in (sorry I forget what country) know that the rest of the 'witness world' is not allowed to have blood transfusions? Or does the society keep that secret?

• vitty
    vitty

I thought that was Bulgaria?

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

I think you are right VITTY- Malawi is the country where they are weren't allowed to buy the goverment card and thousands were killed and persecuted.

• TD
    TD

I don't think the Witnesses in Bulgaria are told anything different than the Witnesses anywhere else. --Willful acceptance of a forbidden component is considered voluntary disassociation.

Brooklyn can therefore claim that there are no sanctions for noncompliance and naive governments will accept it. In a weak semantic sense, it's true.

It is only people that are familiar with the Witnesses that realize there is no practical difference between disassociation and disfellowshipping

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

Look at this:

http://www.ajwrb.org/bulgaria/report.shtml

or

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abandon.shtml

esspecialy following information:

As regards the alleged involvement of children the applicant association [The Watchtower Society] submits that children cannot become members of the association but only participate, together with their parents, in the religious activities of the community. In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to "public health".

• blondie
    blondie

It's like voting being a conscience matter. It is window dressing for the governments so they will recognize the WTS as a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit