DO YOU KNOW THESE LAWS and their importance to refuting WATCHTOWER lies?

by Terry 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Terry
    Terry
    The Seven Laws of Noah are:

1. Belief in a Supreme Being and the prohibition of worshipping any other beings. 2. Respect G-d and Do Not Blaspheme His Name. 3. Respect Human Life and Do Not Murder 4. Respect the Family and Do Not Commit Immoral Sexual Acts such as adultery, homosexuality, and incest 5. Respect Others' Rights and Do Not Steal 6. Create a Judicial System which will uphold the other six Laws and Pursue Justice. 7. Respect all Creatures and Do Not Eat the Flesh of a Living Animal. ( meaning the removal of flesh from a live animal)

The Jews considered all mankind to have come from Noah and his family.

Jews considered themselves under a special relationship to God by reason of special laws given through Moses.

The Moses laws were only binding on Jews while the Noah Laws were binding on Gentiles

Jesus came along and demonstrated that the Laws (all laws) which came from God were for the BENEFIT of humans. Humans were not to serve the LAW, but, the LAW was to serve humanity.

How?

The LAWS from God (whether the Noah Laws for Gentiles or the Moses Laws for Jews only) were practical and commonsense and reflected a better way of living. Godly laws allowed favor from God himself and prevented unnecessary conflict between humans.

Are you with me so far? If so, let us proceed.

At a certain point in time, in the 1st Century C.E., the two groups of humanity stood face to face: the covenant JEWS and the Noahide GENTILES.

They were about to join hands for the first time by being grafted together under a belief in Jesus as the redeemer of BOTH groups.

This raised a conflict which needed to be settled.

The conflict was this: Jews have special laws which the Gentiles do not. SHOULD THE GENTILES PRACTICE JEWISH LAW ? Or, was the alternative permissable from Jehovah's viewpoint: WERE THE GENTILES acceptable inside the JEWISH system without adopting JEWISH LAW too?

This argument continued with many opinions back and forth.

Some Christian writers[2], particularly those affiliated with Primitive Apostolic Christianity see the verses in Acts 15:19-21 as a directive from the first Council of Jerusalem to observe the basic understanding of the Noahide Laws in order to be considered righteous Gentiles, and not be required to live completely as Jews. According to Acts 15, the Council of Jerusalem determined that circumcision was not required of new converts, only avoidance of "pollution of idols, fornication, things strangled, and blood" (KJV, Acts 15:20). The basis for these prohibitions as found in Acts 15:21 states only: "For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day". The evidence of these Noachian inclusions to primitive Christian observance were in addition to the moral Ten Commandments given to Moses at Sinai, which covers the most essential requirements of the Noachian covenant. The additions of the four cited above were to complete the requirements of the new Gentile converts to primitive Christianity.

Stop!

What did the COUNCIL of JERUSALEM admonish?

1.Avoidance of "pollution of idols". See Noahide Law above #1

2.Avoidance of "things strangled". See Noahide Law above #7

3.Avoidance of "blood". See Noahide Law above #3 (Note: BLOOD=bloodshed=Murder)

No cirucmcision required, no keeping of the Sabbath, etc.

The Watchtower Society has ripped away the context of the Jerusalme Council's edict and made a misrepresentation of it as pertains to BLOOD.

As we see above, the "blood" pertains to the Noahide injunction against bloodshed or murder.

The Watchtower Society hijacks the context from bloodshed and astonishingly turns it into bloodshed by creating a false policy.

Avoiding blood becomes something entirely artificial under the Watchtower's twisted reasoning. How? BLOOD ITSELF becomes the issue and not the shedding of man's blood in murder!

A weird twist turns people into thinking they have to allow their loved ones to DIE rather than use blood TO SAVE their lives!!

This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the intention of the Noahide Laws or the pronouncement from the Council in Jerusalem!

Saving Life vs destroying life intentionally is a serious dichotomy.

The Watchtower Society demonstrates no understanding of God's laws or their intended benefit to mankind with their blood policy and FALSE REPRESENTATION of the issue of blood.

This clearly identifies their "faithful and discreet slave" as bloodguilty by intention. Twisting God's word to their own destruction and the deliberate hijacking of scripture is an abominable blasphemy.

Make a copy of the above Nohide Laws and have it handy by your door next time the Witnesses call.

Ask them to explain why the Jerusalem Council used the words it did if it DID NOT intend to prohibit murder (bloodshed).

Watch them squirm.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting - though I have never heard of 'Seven Laws of Noah'.

In fact the first Law stated in Genesis 9 seems to be the one you list as # 3. And the initial context does refer to murder and bloodshed, but also to the eating of blood. Seems to me it is the 'eating of blood' that has been distorted by the Watchtower, not the command to abstain from bloodshed and murder. I think they support that idea in principle, the idea of avoiding bloodshed.

As for the other 'laws', references please.

Also what of the command to 'multiply'? Was this not one of the primary doctrines of Noahachin Law?

Jeff [of the confused class]

• proplog2
    proplog2

I read a book that claims that the decision at the council of Jerusalem (Acts 15) was the founding document of Western Civilization.

By doing away with circumcision Christianity avoided just being a quirky jewish sect and allowed it to spread throught the western world.

• Gumbley
    Gumbley

The version of the Noahide Laws you have is slightly watered down. The real version is more stern.

I see your points Terry but the 7 Noahide Laws are interpreted differently by the Rabbis, than they appear.

For Example:

Noahide Law #1 - #2 of no idolatry, refers to "G-d"...whoever that is. A very broad term.

Under Talmudic translation the Christian God, is not the same "G-d" in the second Noahdide law.

Ergo, Christians would be convicted under this law for worshipping Jesus as God.

Establish courts of justice and only refer to the newly reinstated Sanhedrin. Rabbi Steinhaltz has a council of Noahide delegates to bring the Noahide Laws to the world.

The Talmud also interprets the rest of the 7 Noahide laws differently. Some laws may be broken under certain circumstances, which I do not care to elaborate on here, as I will get smeared and labelled.

• Terry
    Terry

1. Yes, there are various versions of the Noahide laws. But, there are different versions of the ten commandments as well. That is beside the point.

2.The commandment against using God in a worthless way is why the Jews don't even REPRESENT God in writing a word for him; hence the G*D. That is an effort at showing respect.

3. The God of the Jews and the God of the Christians can't be two different Gods IF there is only one god to begin with. The only conflict is mental and that is why there are sects of Jews (and always have been) and sects of Christianity (and always have been).

4.The main thrust of my post is specific to the misrepresentation of the pronouncement in Jerusalem which is used as a proof text by the Watchtower.

It would be an honest representation to discuss the Noahide Laws which the Watchtower never mentions.

Here is what Wikipedia says:

Judaism holds that gentiles (goyim "non-Jews [literally 'Nations']") are not obligated to adhere to all the laws of the Torah (indeed, they are forbidden to fulfill some laws, such as the keeping of the Sabbath in the exact same manner as Israel). Rabbinic Judaism and its modern-day descendants discourage proselytization. The Noahide Laws are regarded as the way through which non-Jews can have a direct and meaningful relationship with God or at least comply with the minimal requisites of civilization and of divine law.

A non-Jew who keeps the Noahide Law in all its details is said to attain the same spiritual and moral level as Israel's own Kohen Gadol (high priest) (Talmud, Bava Kamma 38a). Maimonides states in his work Mishneh Torah (The laws of kings and their rulership 8:11) that a Ger Toshav who is precise in the observance of these Seven Noahide commandments is considered to be a Righteous Gentile and has earned a place in the world to come.

Christian adherence

The evidence of these Noachian inclusions to primitive Christian observance were in addition to the moral Ten Commandments given to Moses at Sinai, which covers the most essential requirements of the Noachian covenant. The additions of the four cited above were to complete the requirements of the new Gentile converts to primitive Christianity.

Several Christian congregations have abandoned traditional Christianity (rejecting the Nicene Creed) and adopted the First Covenant or Noahism in recent years. In the United States a few organized movements of non-Jews (primarily of Christian origin) have either chosen to reject mainstream religious affiliation and live by the Apostolic Decree, which they view as the original Christian observance of Noahide Laws, or, under the influence of Orthodox Judaism, adhere to the Talmud's listing of the Laws (without converting to Judaism).

Augustine of Hippo in the 4th century, in Contra Faustum 32.13[4] noted: "The observance of pouring out the blood which was enjoined in ancient times upon Noah himself after the deluge, the meaning of which we have already explained, is thought by many to be what is meant in the Acts of the Apostles, where we read that the Gentiles were required to abstain from fornication, and from things sacrificed, and from blood, that is, from flesh of which the blood has not been poured out. Others give a different meaning to the words, and think that to abstain from blood means not to be polluted with the crime of murder.
  • Gumbley
    Gumbley
    The commandment against using God in a worthless way is why the Jews don't even REPRESENT God in writing a word for him; hence the G*D. That is an effort at showing respect.

3. The God of the Jews and the God of the Christians can't be two different Gods IF there is only one god to begin with. The only conflict is mental and that is why there are sects of Jews (and always have been) and sects of Christianity (and always have been).

The dash in G-d..is nothing about respect and everything about superstition.

What did Jesus tell the Jews?

John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Who slew the prophets and the Saints? Their own prophets at that.

Can you have the Father without having the Son?

If you are a Christian, the answer is an obvious no.

1John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].

In Judaism, there is no Son. There is only YHWH, whoever that is. In Christianity there is a Father, Son and Holy Spirit. His name is Jesus. Or if you prefer, the I AM THAT I AM who spoke to Moses.

Now how in the world can you say that the Judaism and Christianity have the same God when clearly they do not.

• Terry
    Terry
    The commandment against using God in a worthless way is why the Jews don't even REPRESENT God in writing a word for him; hence the G*D. That is an effort at showing respect.

The dash in G-d..is nothing about respect and everything about superstition.

Here is a shocker for you, my friend: GOD is about SUPERSTITION!

• Gumbley
    Gumbley

speak for yourself. My God is not all about superstition. That is just nonesense. If you wanna believe that, than fine.

• Terry
    Terry
    speak for yourself. My God is not all about superstition

I would love for you to share with me YOUR definition of superstition. Eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit