young JW guy suicides Victoria Australia

by Frog 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

Hi guys, I was coming back from a weekend in Melbourne this afternoon & I ran into a friend from uni who was on the same flight. We were getting on to a flight & a friend of my friends was coming off a flight. She began to tell us that she had flown in for the funeral of her young nephew. We got to talking about it for a while and how terrible sad the whole situation was. The aunty then began to tell us that she's one of 10 children and that they're a close family, all bar this one brother of hers, who is the father of this young guy of 24 who had committed suicide at the weekend. She then began to tell us that the reason for this, the fact that they're not close with this brother, is because they're a family of JW's and have been for over 20years!! This of course completely rocked my socks off, and I must've gone white as a ghost with that bit of information. From that point I could only say that, from that it all made sense. And we spoke about it for a little longer, but the aunty seemed to be a little vague on the details surrounding this poor guys situation, which is of course how it usually is with JW families.

Anyway, it really floored me, and brings back home all the similar tragic stories that I've heard in my time relating to young JW people. I can only just imagine what sort of personal hell that this guy must've been going through. It just leaves you with a terrible sense of sadness really, at how isolated this young guy must've been through his troubles :(

I don't suppose any Aussies here might've known or known of this guy then? May he rest in peace x

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Sad to hear this and I can imagine how this might have affected you.

It makes you appreciate doesnt it, that we have a life worth living for and further we have a network of people who genuinely and unconditionally care about our welfare.

Any suicide is bad enough but when you think about the little support Jehovahs Witnesses get within the congregation when dealing with suicidal tendencies, this compounds feelings of anger towards such a twisted organisation with such twisted teachings.

DB74

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Another Watchwanker success story.

My sympathies to the family and friends.

All the more reason to bring the wt to it's knees.

RIP

• sam1987
    sam1987

that is really sad, there is a chance i might have met him before because i am from victoria, he must have been going through some hard times thats for sure.

Sam.

• penny2
    penny2

Very sad! Think of the support network this young lad could have had with 9 aunties/uncles and who knows how many cousins, if only the jw's didn't cut themselves off from everyone.

Makes me more determined to stay close to my own jw nieces and nephews, a couple of whom are not really fitting in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit