HOW could I be so stupid?

by rassillon 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rassillon
    rassillon

In light of the upcomming study of the revelation book.

I thought I would go over it to prepare my self so I wouldn't blow chunks......I don't think I will be able to help it.

re chap. 1 p. 8 Revelation—Its Happy Climax! ***

Searching

Out Divine Secrets

6 As early as

1917, the Watch Tower Society published the book The Finished Mystery . This was a verse-by-verse commentary on the Bible books of Ezekiel and Revelation. Then, as world events continued to unfold in fulfillment of Bible prophecy, a timely two-volume work entitled Light was prepared, being released in 1930 . This offered an updated study of Revelation. Light continued to ‘flash up for the righteous,’ so that in 1963 the Society published the 704-page book "Babylon the Great Has Fallen!" God’s Kingdom Rules! This gave in great detail the history of the rise and fall of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, and it was climaxed with a discussion of the final nine chapters of Revelation . As ‘the path of the righteous ones grew brighter ,’ particularly with regard to congregational activity, there followed in 1969 a 384-page volume, "Then Is Finished the Mystery of God, " which discussed the first 13 chapters of Revelation .—Psalm 97:11; Proverbs 4:18.

7 Why should another book on Revelation be published at this present time? Much of the information that has already appeared is very detailed, and it has not been possible to translate and publish it worldwide in many languages. Hence, it was seen fit to provide a book on Revelation in just one volume and in a form that can readily be produced in a number of languages. Further, the opportunity is taken in this volume to provide teaching aids, including illustrations, charts, and summaries, that should help readers to grasp clearly the thrilling import of this marvelous prophecy.

8 An even stronger reason for publishing this book is the need to keep up-to-date with present truth. Jehovah is continually shedding greater light on the meaning of his Word, and we can expect that our understanding of Revelation, along with other prophecies, will be sharpened as we draw closer to the great tribulation. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 7:14) It is important that we be well informed. As the apostle Peter wrote concerning divine prophecy: "You are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in your hearts."—2 Peter 1:19.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Same old joggahogie double-speak.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi rassi,

You and million of others. Don't be so hard on yourself.

• robhic
    robhic
    An even stronger reason for publishing this book is the need to keep up-to-date with present truth.

Never having been a JW, it always amazes me when I see statements like this. How in the world do they explain or justify using the limiter "present" when talking about something that, to be of any value, must be absolute?

Sure some things you'd expect to be true within limits. During winter it's true that it might be cold outside and not true during summer. You expect that "truth" to be transitory. But how can something supposed to be an absolute, non-varying "truth" (like the bible or other similar thing should be) be "present?"

Does that mean that at some past time or even in some future time, the present truth might become false? How do they explain this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit