Having No Life....

by Justice-One 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I really feel sorry for my wife sometimes. Her parents are "true believers" and she really wants to please them, and of course live forever with them in paradise. But sometimes I think the combination of having a job, and going to the meetings and out in service is killing her. She is always tired, and most of the time in a bad mood. (I think she resents me not going to the meetings on more than one level.) And it seems like every time I look she has her nose in the NWT, or some other JW publication. Her entire LIFE is wrapped around this cult, and it just drives me nuts.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unfortunately she got duped by the idea that if she serves and obeys the WTS she will get eternal life which of course is not going to happen, the WTS according to an age old pattern is using religion to exploit its members.

Many a dub are too burdened by the cult but are afraid to have a break because they will be described as weak.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Justice One,

JWs have an impossible burden. Despite that, you have a right to attention from her. Have you talked to her about it? What's her reaction? I'm sure there's info in the WT publications about spending time with a spouse. Have you tried to find anything to show to her? That would give her permisson. Unless of course, there's more going on and she's using religion as an opportunity to distance herself. That situation might require counseling.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Serendipity:

Have you tried to find anything to show to her? That would give her permisson. Unless of course, there's more going on and she's using religion as an opportunity to distance herself. That situation might require counseling.

Justice, I was thinking the same thing that Serendipity said.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

She still finds time to do things with me. But my concern is the fact that she always says she is so tired. I try to get her to take it easy, but she is just to wrapped up in "exerting herself vigorously" in this time of the end. (Pardon men while I sneeze and make the BS sound.)

• sspo
    sspo

My wife does the same thing. Since you are not going to meetings, she might view you as an apostate so what she is trying to do is keep herself busy so that she stays strong in the faith,

My wife is pioneering this month and working at a secular job and seeing a lawyer since she will not live with someone who used to be an elder and now spiritually weak.

Most likely the elders gave them wisdom on how to go about in dealing with the situation

hang in there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit