First extract the rafter from your own eye.

by outcast 2 Replies latest jw friends

• outcast
    outcast

Taken from WOL, they do keep me amused,

We here in the San Diego area have many in our territories who are retired military folks. The brothers are instructing us to (as always) keep very very neutral and try not to get into very "heavy" discussions about this.

We are being told (and our conductor says the Society also was saying this yesterday from NY) to just tell the people we are bringing a message of hope, the message of peace.

Another brother tells us his radio station was saying for everyone to put their flags out and show support for their country. Patriotism may increase . . . something we haven't had to deal with for many many years.

All day yesterday, the Kindgom Song saying "then they will know, you only are Jehovah. Then they will know, your ways are just and true . . . and so on. Plus the scripture that says the nations 'will HAVE TO KNOW that I am Jehovah' kept repeating in my mind.

Yes, these opposing nations believe strongly that the US must be stopped, that they have God's backing, that the people here are very immoral, Satanic. It is true, but their actions are in direct conflict with Jehovah's purposes. It is up to Jehovah to "set matters straight". What a glorious day THAT will be, when peoples from all nations will be as the picture on page 42? in our Isaiah book!

. . . and what a contrast to the questions the White House has to unravel . . . just think . . . when the end comes and the entire world is being destroyed, the nations will KNOW without a doubt that it is coming from Jehovah!

When Pres. Bush said in his speech last night that not only will the attackers be punished but those harboring them too, it brought to mind the scripture at Romans 1: 28 thru 32 from our WT study Sunday. Although this scripture is very closely tied in with Paul's description of the last days in 2 Tim. 3: 1-5, Romans says how God will deal with even those "consenting" with the wrongdoers. So if at the doors we hear that ones should be "tolerant of immoral practices, etc., be kind to them" but even the world knows that "those consenting" with wrongdoers are to be held just as accountable. So wouldn't our Creator be just as "just" in his dealings?

It just struck me that this would be a good service point for some.

I am just amazed on how ones can be so judgemental on others. How can the organization not apply this scripture to themselves? The hiding of pedophiles, their greed in real estate. Why don't they open up all of Bethel? Use their hospital facilities? Oh wait, maybe that would get their pristine temple of worship dirty and bloody with the filth of the world.

There are reports of 500 or 600 hundred JW's missing. The official website will only report the ones who were spared, and what a blessing that was. The propaganda will always be in their favor. The masses are already gearing up for a big weekend of magazine peddling, and the sad thing is, they will really believe they are doing Gods will. That they are special, and they don't have to grieve as the world. Bethel was spared because it went unnoticed in the scheme of things, it means nothing. Not because it has divine protection. Besides, they already have terrorists, dressed in suits, and protected by 6 million followers who will be badly mistreated if they disobey them.

It is all so sad, I was raised a witness, technically still am. I pray all good hearted humans, of any nationality or religion will get it. No one is special. We just hope we are.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<"We are being told (and our conductor says the Society also was saying this yesterday from NY) to just tell the people we are bringing a message of hope, the message of peace.">

Except that this message is a blatant and flagrant lie. Since 1919 Jehovah's Witnesses believe ,and must believe on pain of expulsion and shunning, that God will destroy nearly 6 billion people (more with every day that passes that Armegeddon doesn't come) preserving alive only Jehovah's Witnesses. A recent KM and a recent Watchtower quoted in other posts on this board will bear witness to that (which is the real reason the Society doesn't want this 'free' stuff up on the internet)and I hear it almost every day at my meetings. Just heard it last night at my school/service meeting.

And JW's won't get away with it much longer. And being called on the carpet for unchristian and unbiblical behavior is NOT persecution of Jesus or God. Jw's won't get away with that lie much longer either.

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• waiting
    waiting
    We are being told (and our conductor says the Society also was saying this yesterday from NY) to just tell the people we are bringing a message of hope, the message of peace

. . . and what a contrast to the questions the White House has to unravel . . . just think . . . when the end comes and the entire world is being destroyed, the nations will KNOW without a doubt that it is coming from Jehovah!

Ahhh, yes. Peace & hope because the entire world is being destroyed.

Jehovah's Witness logic at it's finest.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit