Are the majority of remnant, women?

by headmath 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headmath
    headmath

I have heard this is so

I'd like to aks your observations here. As an ex jw or a spy jw how many remnant did you know in your congregation?. How many of them were men and how many were women and what were their ages. ?

Thanks

• Robdar
    Robdar

One man, one woman. Man was in his late 50's early 60's. Woman was in her 40's .

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

Previous congregation
    mother, 60+
    son, 40+

sc congregation, one lady, 60+. she was dfed in the 60's, became of the anointed in the 90's. actually she is a member of this site.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'll tell you one thing, though--not a single one of them was raised in the truth. And another thing, they are all ex-Christians.
    Ask Jim Whitney about it. He can explain.

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

the one 40+ brother was raised in the truth. his mother, of the anointed, and his father raised 5 kids. all are in the truth even today. the father passed away a few years ago.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Okay, well MOST of them were not raised in the truth. :)

• blondie
    blondie

With only 8500 plus worldwide claiming to be anointed JWs, it would be unlikely that you could get an accurate picture of congregations back in the time when all members were anointed.

My grandparents were members of the WTS when they were known as Bible Students. The demographics were similar to what is seen today in the average JW congregation. Still mostly women, about 66%. But there were enough male members that even some years past 1935, the WTS was still requiring that congregation servants, etc., only be anointed brothers.

Blondie

• restrangled
    restrangled

I only knew 2. One in my heart I feel was legit. My cousin's Grandmothers's sister. She was in her 90's and the dearest, sweetest person you would ever want to meet. (That my friends was 35 years ago) ...I am 47 so that would have made me about 12 years old. She raised strawberrys. She would take us all out when we were little and help us pick them.

The other thing she raised was Black Walnut trees on her daughter's property. She sent a small sprig home with my parents one year. ( I remeber it was about 6 inches tall in a small pot) My mom and dad planted and raised it in Chicago. Funny, you can see it on Google now if you run the property address. That tree always reminded me of her. Our family has long since moved but that tree is over the house as a reminder of her love and sweetness.

One of my uncles who I adored was also considered one of the anointed. He was very highly thought of. For those of you who have read my boring posts you will know that he had to leave Bethel due to being Gay. It took 15 years for him to come back and at that point he did not consider himself one of the anointed. As far as I remember being told, he felt he had lost favor with Jeh. On the other hand he is a pretty famous pianist in a major city who has played for an exclusive club. He is close to his late 80's and he is admired and called back to play at that club on a regular basis. He was also featured in that city's magazine.

r

• geevee
    geevee

Where I live over many years, there have been 3 men and 1 woman. They are all now dead......I think?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I have only known of one older lady, she is 90+

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit