My friends, I went to church

by Sacchiel 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

For the first time in my life and it was memorable. It was a relief to hear the Bible being preached, the Bible alone!! I don't think any JW's can picture that. I was welcomed in right away, no mean looks or anything like that. That's not so much different for a newcomer to a KH I suppose, the only difference was that these people took the scriptures seriously, prayed earnestly, and provided true, christian fellowship.

Praise the Lord, the shackles are coming off....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good that you were able to find what you were looking for. I'm looking for any opportunity I can to just innocently say, whenever someone was unable to place literature, "Well, showing the person scriptures from the Bible was enough, wasn't it?" Or perhaps, "Maybe placing literature should come in second to being able to witness from the scriptures." You know, not confrontational or anything, just enough to get them to think. Paul wrote that Scripture would make every man FULLY equipped.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Today I saw one of my JW friends and her mother. Her mother told me that I should listen to my JW friend. I didn't know what she was talking about. Then she said, "Listen as she tells you the "truth"." I looked at her kind of strange, I know, because I thought, "Why would I think she is going to lie to me?" Then it dawned on me, that is what JWs refer to as their religion. The "truth". Sometimes the language barrier catches me off guard.

I thought about it later, and if the subject should come up again, which I'm sure it will, I may say, "Do you believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God? That it contains His truth exactly?" And if she says yes, then I will assure her that I do also, and no need to worry. I already have the "Truth." It doesn't matter if she believes I do or not. My salvation doesn't come from what she believes about me. It comes from the blood of Jesus. I've been washed in the blood of Jesus and I am saved. I cannot be shaken. Even with all of her "doom and gloom" talking. We are living on "borrowed time" speaches. How many people have lived and died hearing that preached. The end is near. Of course it is. But the Bible specifically tells us not to be fearful about it. We are not suppose to speculate about the exact timing of the end either. It could be today, it could be in 100 more years. It's not what we are to be focusing on. Scare tactics just do not go over well with me.

I'm happy that you had a good experience in church! We searched for a good Bible-preaching church. One that was not hung up on religious rituals and legalism. It took a few tries, but we found one. Preaching strictly from the Bible without any thing added. It is wonderful to be a part of it. The focus is on worship, not works. It has opened doors for many excellent programs. I used to dislike going to church. I would be so stressed over what to wear, etc... When the focus is on worship to Yahweh, it doesn't matter about the outside. T-shirts and jeans, or suit and tie. We all come together and it's all about HIM!

Thanks for sharing your experience and all the best to you!

In Christ,

Whyizit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit