JW links WTC to Tower of Babel

by stevieb1 2 Replies latest jw friends

• stevieb1
    stevieb1

This quote has been extracted from WOL and really shows the mentality of some within the WT movement. How does it make you feel?

According to ABC News, the New York monoliths that were targets today were "110-story towers, the tallest buildings in the city and the fifth and sixth tallest in the world, collapsed in billows of debris following two plane crashes to their sides. The World Trade Center hosts an estimated 50,000 employees and receives an average of 1.8 million visitors annually. Built by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in 1973, the World Trade Center towers were the best examples of tube buildings of their time. "
    Kinda remind you of another famous looming structure that was also ultimately doomed for failure? This from the Insight on the Scriptures, volumes 1 & 2:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The history of tower building goes back to the time shortly after the Flood when men on the Plains of Shinar declared: "Come on! Let us build ourselves a city and also a tower with its top in the heavens." (Ge 11:2-4)
    It was not built for the worship and praise of Jehovah, but was dedicated to false man-made religion, with a motive of making a "celebrated name" for the builders.-Ge 11:4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question...will this be the end of skyscrapers as they've become, edging closer and closer to the heavens, only to bow low to the earth when their defiance is exposed as hollow as the material they are made of?

• Frank Hall
    Frank Hall

I agree the WTC is like the tower of Babel. It was quite conspicuous. The US is prideful of commerce and defense. They were just lost. Not from divinity, but they were lost from their pride. This was not an attack on the US. It was an attack on the US's pride.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Quote: >>My question...will this be the end of skyscrapers as they've become, edging closer and closer to the heavens, only to bow low to the earth when their defiance is exposed as hollow as the material they are made of?<<

In response to this I'd have to say, yes. If you believe that God is so frightened of human achievement and technology and that a tall building threatens His sovereignty, and that He is afraid of commerce, cooperation and technology, then definitely yes.

Silverleaf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit