In honor of my Grandmother

by alamb 9 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

In honor of her, I am donating blood on her birthday every year. The sick policies of a publishing company are robbing us of extraordinary relationships. She was a strong, wonderful woman who taught me to love and be loved.

Photos: #1 My children and I now. #2 My great-grandmother, my grandmother and I.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Good on you alamb,

After all the lipservice the WTBTS give to honouring ones parents, it's ironic that you can only really do it after leaving the cult behind. In a healthy family respecting your parents & grandparents afords two way protection along with many other benifits and comes instinctively.

cheers to good family relationships

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for sharing love.... Yes IN THE BLOOD IS THE LIFE!!!! glad your sharing some of yours (((HUG)

• greendawn
    greendawn

She must have been a marvellous grand mother for you to remember her intensely so many years later. Unfortunately cults invariable have one or other strange belief that can seriously harm their members physically or psychologically.

• alamb
    alamb

She never died to me. Funny, she is still with me and my JW family have all disappeared by their own wishing. She lives on through my children.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Good for you. Thanks for reminding me. I've got to call and give another pint.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

That was a really sweet tribute! All error is erased when you die. She was doing what she thought was right in Gods eyes...we all fell for the rhetoric. I told my husband if he ever EVER harmed one of my kids by not allowing them blood if they needed it. I would hunt him down like a dog and kill him.

Period.

• Fleur
    Fleur

She never died to me. Funny, she is still with me and my JW family have all disappeared by their own wishing. She lives on through my children.

I know just what you mean, ((((((((((((Alamb))))))))))...good for you donating like that...my the kids are all so beautiful!!!!!

hugs

essie

• alamb
    alamb

Thank you. These are the two little ones. (not to go off topic...just braggin')

• mouthy
    mouthy

What beautiful children ...Thanks for posting them That "aint" BRAGGING-- it is showing us what a good job you did by having them....They sure are sweeties...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit